Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, May 18, 2020

Small Joys

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a great day! Restrictions have loosened up in Minnesota so a trip to my craft store is possible!! They even have restricted the first couple hours of the day for "by appointment" shopping. Don't think I'll need that, after all the grocery shopping I've done during our 7 weeks of lockdown!! Anyway, hope you're all safe and well and looking forward to in-store crafty shopping too.



Hero Arts continues with its Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge - the current one revolves around using the little images contained in many stamp sets. I chose a few from a Christmas Stamp and Cut set, along with a wreath from a different Christmas set. I used them to make an encouragement card. Hope it doesn't look too much like something that would go around the winning horse at the Derby!!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Neenah white
Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes; Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Hero Arts CL474 Special Wishes and
DC218 Christmas Banner Stamp & Cut (both retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired);
banner is from the stamp & cut set
Inks - Hero Arts Intense Black;
Distress Oxides - Pine Needles, Cracked Pistachio, 
Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron
Other - Michael's gems; ;foam tape

I first stamped the wreath using a stamping tool and centering it on a 6x6" paper. I then rotated the paper and stamped with another ink, then did it again. I added the little branch here and there in two different colors of ink; mainly you see the Pine Needles. Then I cut the paper with a stitched rectangle die, matted with black and added to my card base.

I got the Christmas banner Stamp & Cut set at an outlet store right before the lockdown. The banner came from this set (stamp and die) but there are also a few bitty stamps in it. I used the small flower and branch. No die for the flower unfortunately; I had to fussy cut (covered up an flaws with a black marker on the edge...). I popped the banner with foam tape and added the flowers and some gems. Done!

This was my first play with the banner set so I'll add it to Darnell's NBUS challenge too. It always feels good to use something languishing around the craft room! Thanks for hosting this challenge, Darnell, and thanks to Hero Arts too for another fun challenge!! Finally, thanks to you for visiting me and any kind comments you leave. Really - tell me if the wreath looks too Derby winner!!



7 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful wreath - love the colors you chose

Cat Craig said...

beautiful wreath, Linda. Love the sweet little flowers you've added.

Rosemary said...

your wreath is absolutely beautiful, linda!

Dawn T said...

What a fabulous wreath Linda. Those little flowers are just adorable. Love the banner.

Greta said...

I love your wreath & so would any recipient, Linda!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty wreath and card. Doesn't it feel good to use things you have had but never used. :) TFS

Jean said...

Gorgeous and fresh color combination!