Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz, Momenta &
Paper Studio cardstock;
Dies - Concord & 9th Sew Scripty Thanks
(c2019 - retired);
Other - Little Birdie Sunshine & Lemonade ephemera
foam tape; DMC floss; Hero Arts Creamsicle ink
Host Mary Gunn had Maymay Helms (@MaymayMadeIt), a popular crafty YouTuber as her guest. The wheel was spun 4 times, as usual, for our parameters & we were well satisfied with the spins.
- Project - 4" x 8": I formed a 4x8" card from cardstock.
- Colors - Excited: I googled & found Red/Orange/Yellow as excited colors.
- Element - Cold or Chilly: I used some ice cold lemonade ephemera.
- Random - Stitch(Es): I used a stitching die, stitched with floss.
When I saw stitching as a parameter, I decided to pull out a C9 "thanks" sewing die that I hadn't used yet. I die cut it into a scrap of yellow cardstock & stitched the word using DMC floss. Inked the panel edges with creamsicle ink.
Next I pulled out a piece of Tim Holtz 8x8" peachy orange card stock and scored at 4" to form my 4x8" card. I trimmed a mat layer of red for a piece of Momenta watercolor printed paper. Added to the card along with the stitched strip. I had a bunch of left over ephemera from an Inky Stamper Saturday Morning Crafting session so pulled some out to finish my card.
I'll add this card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #89 since the thanks die is getting first play here. Seven years since it came out and finally the die is off Mt NBUS - woo hoo!! This card is going to my niece who took my sister Tami & I out for lunch on Wednesday.
Tami has been staying with me most of the week while helping our cousin with her grandchildren who live close to me. And yes, little A (soon to turn 6) insisted on coming over to make a card. We stopped at their house and she dragged me to her room where she still displays the pop-up unicorn card I made for her 5th birthday last summer. It really made my heart happy!!
She's coloring some old Hero Arts animal images here. She lost interest and was having fun pushing a child-sized Target grocery cart around the living room. She made me finish her two cards so I didn't photograph them.
Oh, and speaking of NBUS - Darnell had some sponsors in July and I won a gift card from Lawn Fawn - yay!! Thanks Darnell and Lawn Fawn!!
That's it for today. Thanks for visiting & have a crafty weekend!!




10 comments:
So cute, love that background!
Great use of the challenge prompts.
Fabulous card and a sweet photo of your little artist at work!
Perfect summer card with the lemonade, Linda! Love the stitched thanks sentiment. Isn't it fun to watch little ones as they create works-of-art??!! xx
Gorgeous card Linda. Your fellow crafter looks so sweet. I know how they are at that age! Enjoy your prize... well done.
Little A has stolen the show, Linda, and brought back happy memories to me! I'm so glad you get to share this hobby when she is in the mood! And good job nailing the Craft Roulette parameters again and reducing Mt. NBUS with your colorful and summery thank you card! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS ~ enjoy your shopping at LF! Hugs, Darnell
After seven years was it well down the pile or rising to the top? Looks great here with the zingy colours and the long/tall format. Good to see a future generation of card maker at work, too — lovely that you can share the hobby with her and she gets the idea what’s in the craft space is not just “kids stuff”!
What a terrific combination of elements! I really like that pink lemonade watercolor printed paper background.
This turned out really well. I love it. Little A is a real cutie. Thanks for sharing xx
Wonderful take on the CR parameters (as is always the case!), Linda! Perfect summery card.
Post a Comment