Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Birdie friends!

Hey everyone! I'm back with my card for last night's Craft Roulette Episode #333. I was able to watch live and get a card made during the show. However, this morning I made some additions to the card so I'll share the updated version: 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Recollections cardstock; Paper Studio patterned;
Scrapbook.com Watercolor print
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Santa's Door Accessories (retired)
Dies - Poppystamps Nordic Bird Bunch;
Spellbinders Tiki Toucan (Weekender 2026 exclusive)
Other - Snowflakes from the stash;
SSS Starshine dots; white gel pen;
Hero Arts Sparkle lacquer

Host Mary Gunn FUNN was supposed to have Irene Smith (from Card Chaos) as her guest but Irene had a power outtage from last week's storms in her area. Poor dear; that was the third time in recent weeks! Instead, Chelsea Comer from Inky Stamper filled in and they had a great time with the four parameters spun on the crafty wheel:


  • Project - 4'x6": I formed that sized card from a piece of cardstock. 
  • Colors - Buffet: There was a lot of discussion - buffet is a piece of furniture as well as a food line. We had buffet meals at our Craft Roulette event last weekend so I did brown for beef and red for strawberry sauce (on cheesecake - yum!!). Extra colors are allowed so I used blue for the sky. 
  • Element - Holiday: I went with Christmas because I wanted to do a card for Christmas Kickstart #113.
  • Random - Bark: My tree branch has bark. Other people thought of barking dogs!

As you can see from my submission photo showing the parameters, I had fewer snowflakes and no Starshine dots. I also added a bunch of hand-drawn dots as added snow and white gel to the branch since the glitter lacquer didn't show up that well. I think it looks much better with the additions - what do you think? Too much?

After forming the card and adding the mat layers, I grabbed a Spellbinders set from this year's Weekender. There was a branch already cut in the package - yay - a time saver! While it's a meant to be a jungle branch, I didn't think it mattered... I also had two birdies left from a batch I had made last month. You can see another card with them HERE. The sentiment sign and snowflakes also came from the bits box. 

The theme at the current CKC is A Friend is for Life, not just Christmas so I thought a birdie pair would fit perfectly! I popped them onto an embellished branch and hung the sentiment sign from the branch.

That's all for today. Still haven't had a chance to blog about our live Craft Roulette event last weekend but I managed to unpack, sort of...

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty weekend!!


No comments: