Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Birdie friends!

Hey everyone! I'm back with my card for last night's Craft Roulette Episode #333. I was able to watch live and get a card made during the show. However, this morning I made some additions to the card so I'll share the updated version: 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Recollections cardstock; Paper Studio patterned;
Scrapbook.com Watercolor print
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Santa's Door Accessories (retired)
Dies - Poppystamps Nordic Bird Bunch;
Spellbinders Tiki Toucan (Weekender 2026 exclusive)
Other - Snowflakes from the stash;
SSS Starshine dots; white gel pen;
Hero Arts Sparkle lacquer

Host Mary Gunn FUNN was supposed to have Irene Smith (from Card Chaos) as her guest but Irene had a power outtage from last week's storms in her area. Poor dear; that was the third time in recent weeks! Instead, Chelsea Comer from Inky Stamper filled in and they had a great time with the four parameters spun on the crafty wheel:


  • Project - 4'x6": I formed that sized card from a piece of cardstock. 
  • Colors - Buffet: There was a lot of discussion - buffet is a piece of furniture as well as a food line. We had buffet meals at our Craft Roulette event last weekend so I did brown for beef and red for strawberry sauce (on cheesecake - yum!!). Extra colors are allowed so I used blue for the sky. 
  • Element - Holiday: I went with Christmas because I wanted to do a card for Christmas Kickstart #113.
  • Random - Bark: My tree branch has bark. Other people thought of barking dogs!

As you can see from my submission photo showing the parameters, I had fewer snowflakes and no Starshine dots. I also added a bunch of hand-drawn dots as added snow and white gel to the branch since the glitter lacquer didn't show up that well. I think it looks much better with the additions - what do you think? Too much?

After forming the card and adding the mat layers, I grabbed a Spellbinders set from this year's Weekender. There was a branch already cut in the package - yay - a time saver! While it's a meant to be a jungle branch, I didn't think it mattered... I also had two birdies left from a batch I had made last month. You can see another card with them HERE. The sentiment sign and snowflakes also came from the bits box. 

The theme at the current CKC is A Friend is for Life, not just Christmas so I thought a birdie pair would fit perfectly! I popped them onto an embellished branch and hung the sentiment sign from the branch.

That's all for today. Still haven't had a chance to blog about our live Craft Roulette event last weekend but I managed to unpack, sort of...

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty weekend!!


13 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Cute little birds and I love that clear blue sky with the snowflakes xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the chubby little red birds! Cute card, Linda!

Angelnorth said...

I like your post-show additions, the snowflakes looks great against the blue sky. Cute birdie friends for another fabulous festive card Linda!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful and I think all your additions just make it even more special! Your little red birds are so sweet.

lauren bergold said...

WOW! That is such a cute pair of bird friends and I love the little scene you've built for them to live in! Awesome contribution to the FRIENDSHIP challenge at Christmas Kickstart!

Jean said...

What a sweet holiday scene. So clever to have them hang a sign on their branch.

SmilynStef said...

what a pretty litlte holiday duo ... thanks for joining Jo, Lauren and me (Stephanie) for the Friendship Christmas Kickstart Challenge!

Rosemary said...

Really pretty card, Linda! You are so clever with the parameters. I would have never in a million years come up with what you did!

Cat Craig said...

YOu do a great job at these roulette challenges. Pretty card.

papierelle said...

Oh that's soooo lovely!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Such a sweet card, Linda! I love the colours and your later additions are perfect. So happy to have you join Lauren, Stephanie and me over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Jo x

Loll said...

Such an adorable card with your sweet birds, Linda. xx

Greta said...

What a sweet card!