Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 31, 2026

Final Day for a Splash of Color at Die Cut Divas!

Hi there! It's the last day for Die Cut Divas' August Challenge - white with a splash of one color. You can see end-of-month Diva inspiration HERE. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Spellbinders Rainforest
Dies - Birch Press Design Loop Stitch Frames
& Piped Icing Star (c2021, retired)
Other - Hero Arts Key Lime ink;
Spellbinders green gems; Recollections puffy sticker

We have the wonderful Birch Press Design as our August sponsor. They have generously donated a $20 prize to their online store for our random August winner.


I formed a top fold A2 card from Neenah Solar White cardstock. I inked the edges with a lime green ink. Next, I took another piece of white cardstock and die cut all the frames in the BPD Loop Stitch Frames set, a newly acquired item, getting first play here. I die cut all the frames again, this time from Rainforest cardstock, then mixed and matched for a stack. I put the smallest one with a horizontal orientation & added a puffy sticker for the sentiment. When I was making my bonus card, I found the perfect little "flowers" (center of the cookie) to embellish the frames. I added a gem to the center of each flower - very quick and easy!!

I'll add this card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #89 since the frame set was newly used here.

How about a bonus? I did another Christmas card with a splash of red. 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Recollections Cardstock
Dies - Birch Press Design Loop Stitch Frames &
Piped Icing Star (c2021, retired)
Other - Spellbinders puffy sticker (old kit);
foam tape

I added a red die cut frame to a white A2 card formed from Neenah Solar White cardstock. I die cut the star cookie and white snowflake icing from Neenah & then cut the star center from red and inlaid it. Assembled the cookie and popped onto the frame with foam tape. A puffy sticker sentiment from an old Spellbinders kit (unk which) completed the card. 

Sadly, the star cookie is retired at BPD but I think the Pinpoint Snowflake would make a great alternate!

That's it for today, friends. I hope we'll see you in the August Die Cut Diva gallery if you haven't already maxed out on 4 entries - deadline is 9pm Pacific today. Oh, and remember to use a die cut &/or embossing folder in your design!

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!



No comments: