Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 31, 2026

Final Day for a Splash of Color at Die Cut Divas!

Hi there! It's the last day for Die Cut Divas' August Challenge - white with a splash of one color. You can see end-of-month Diva inspiration HERE. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Spellbinders Rainforest
Dies - Birch Press Design Loop Stitch Frames
& Piped Icing Star (c2021, retired)
Other - Hero Arts Key Lime ink;
Spellbinders green gems; Recollections puffy sticker

We have the wonderful Birch Press Design as our August sponsor. They have generously donated a $20 prize to their online store for our random August winner.


I formed a top fold A2 card from Neenah Solar White cardstock. I inked the edges with a lime green ink. Next, I took another piece of white cardstock and die cut all the frames in the BPD Loop Stitch Frames set, a newly acquired item, getting first play here. I die cut all the frames again, this time from Rainforest cardstock, then mixed and matched for a stack. I put the smallest one with a horizontal orientation & added a puffy sticker for the sentiment. When I was making my bonus card, I found the perfect little "flowers" (center of the cookie) to embellish the frames. I added a gem to the center of each flower - very quick and easy!!

I'll add this card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #89 since the frame set was newly used here.

How about a bonus? I did another Christmas card with a splash of red. 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Recollections Cardstock
Dies - Birch Press Design Loop Stitch Frames &
Piped Icing Star (c2021, retired)
Other - Spellbinders puffy sticker (old kit);
foam tape

I added a red die cut frame to a white A2 card formed from Neenah Solar White cardstock. I die cut the star cookie and white snowflake icing from Neenah & then cut the star center from red and inlaid it. Assembled the cookie and popped onto the frame with foam tape. A puffy sticker sentiment from an old Spellbinders kit (unk which) completed the card. 

Sadly, the star cookie is retired at BPD but I think the Pinpoint Snowflake would make a great alternate!

That's it for today, friends. I hope we'll see you in the August Die Cut Diva gallery if you haven't already maxed out on 4 entries - deadline is 9pm Pacific today. Oh, and remember to use a die cut &/or embossing folder in your design!

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!



8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What pretty cards. Both the green and white and red and white work really well xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a great idea to stack up all of those pretty frames! Two fantastic cards, Linda!

Rosemary said...

Love how you used the Loop Stitch Frame dies on the first card, Linda! So fun. Love the second card, too.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Linda. Love the frames on the first one. And you star card is awesome.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely fresh shade of green with the white Linda, looks lovely. That star cookie is beautiful, makes a very stylish Christmas card with the deep red, love them both!

Jean said...

Two terrific CAS cards!

Greta said...

Very creative use of your new frames, Linda! Love the red and white card!

Trina P. said...

Meant to play in this challenge, but time got away from me. Two great inspirations.