Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio red cardstock; scrap of a red Christmas patterned;
Hero Arts black glitter
Dies - Birch Press Design Block Print Cardinal Duo,
& Merry Christmas Confection Script (retired)
Other - foam tape; white & black gel pen; R22 Copic
We have the wonderful Birch Press Design as our August sponsor. They have generously donated a $20 prize to their online store for our random August winner.
I do a lot of crafting on Zoom calls, sitting and assembling what my friends call "fiddly bits". I had fun one day assembling a bunch of birds including the sweet BPD Block Print Cardinal Duo. They are small but easy to put together! I thought red would be a great splash of color on some white trees.
I die cut the birch trees and glued them to an A2 top folding card formed from Neenah. Added a snowy hill to the bottom, then popped the cardinals onto the trees with foam tape. Die cut the sentiment and shadow, assembled and glued to the card. I left it simple with no further embellishments.
How about another Christmas card for my bonus?
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Hero Arts A2 card (long retired); scrap of vellum & silver
Dies - Birch Press Design Block Print Wave Ornament &
String Art Corner (c2020, retired) ;
Memory Box Peace Love Joy Stylish Script
Other - Simon Say Stamp Starshine dots;
Paper Studio gem string
I was inspired by teamie Robbie's gorgeous card to pull out one of my BPD string art dies. Sadly, this corner die is retired but the one Robbie used is still available. Die cut the corner twice from Neenah and added to an aqua A2 card. Next I die cut the ornament in white, the side add-on in vellum and the hanger in silver, then assembled. Added to the card with foam tape.
Next I die cut the sentiment (from one of BPD's sister companies) in white and black (for a shadow). I die cut the outline from silver and from black (for a shadow). Assembled and glued to the ornament. Some SSS Starshine dots and a hanger string of gems finished the card.
That's it for today, friends. I'm so glad you stopped by & I hope we'll see you in the August Die Cut Diva gallery!
Happy crafting!



No comments:
Post a Comment