Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 10, 2026

A Sleigh with Mice!

Hi friends! I was so delighted that CAS Christmas returned as a monthly card-making challenge! I missed the first one in June but managed to get a card done for the second in July. Was even a top pick - woo hoo! Crafty friend Julia (Create with Me) is hosting the August CAS Christmas Challenge with the theme of Santa's Sleigh & I knew just which die set to use!! Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Spellbinders A2 card; Paper Studio cardstock;
TH kraft metallic
Stamps w/dies - Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate Critters 
Dies - Poppystamps Luxury Sleigh;
Other - Hero Arts white enamel dots;
white gel pen; foam tape; B000 Copic;
Memento Tuxedo Black & 
Color Box Robin's Egg inks

I ordered the sleigh die set from Poppystamps & received it recently. Last night I did an initial cut of it (except for the bow) and assembled it. It was sitting on the craft table wanting a home & I decided to use it for Card Chaos (15 minute cards - a show on YouTube). It's ok to use stuff from the bits box. 

I took a white textured A2 card from an old Spellbinders kit and inked just the edges. I'm not sure why it looks so blue in the photo! Added a die cut hill and then popped the assembled sleigh on with foam tape. For Card Chaos we were to use tiny critters so I stamped & die cut the quintet of Lawn Fawn mice from Simply Celebrate Critters. I only colored the left 3 w/some quick Copic coloring and trimmed them to be three separate items. Glued them onto the sleigh. Stamped a speech bubble & sentiment, then die cut. Added it above one of the mice. After my 15 minute card session ended, I realized I forgot the sleigh's bow! I had it ready to cut in green so die cut it, assembled and added it to the sleigh. I also added a couple enamel dots to the sleigh's flowers. 

Do you often "finish" a card only to have to go back and really finish it?? I hope this is CAS enough for the challenge. I just have the one focal point with a sentiment, even if it has a lot of pieces :)

I will also add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #89 since my sleigh got first play here. And to Just Us Girls Challenge #835 where it's die week!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you're having a crafty week!!




16 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Linda. What a beautiful sleigh!! It looks amazing in the deep red. Your card is adorable with the three mice! :) Made me smile. :) Lovely card that is definitely CAS!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh good - thanks Loll!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute card. Those mice made me smile. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

Julia Aston said...

Oh thanks, Linda, for playing along with my CAS Christmas: Santa's Sleigh challenge this month! What a lovely Santa sleigh with its silver blades and floral markings - these 3 little mice seem to be very happy running around in it, maybe hoping to get a ride with Santa on Christmas Eve?! Julia xx

Linda said...

Linda, what an elegant looking sleigh. It is so adorable with the 3 little mice in it. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Carol said...

I just love that Poppystamps sleigh and now you have given me the impetus to use mine sooner rather than later! The mice are adorable playing around it! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls!!!

Ina G said...

Love your colourful sleigh and of course those cute critters. Thanks for adding to our JUGS Gallery Linda.

Dawn T said...

Such a cute card Linda. Love the sweet mice on the sleigh.

Angelnorth said...

I hope those mice aren’t nibbling on any chocolate gifts that might have been stashed in that sleigh! Sweet card Linda (and reminds me I must sort out my blog post for this challenge!).

Lisa Elton said...

Love the cute little mice you added to the fancy sleigh! They must be looking for their gifts of cheese from Santa! Terrific card, Linda. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just us Girls and CAS Christmas!

HilaryJane said...

Yes, I often find I return to cards that I think are finished and realise they aren't really. love that ribbon xx

Cindy C. said...

Adorable!!!

Rosemary said...

What an adorable little scene, Linda! Love those cute little mice tucked into and around the sleigh.

papierelle said...

A fun and cute sleigh ride.

Jean said...

A sweet whimsical holiday scene!

Greta said...

The sleigh is wonderful and cute with the mice!