Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Twofer Balloons!!

Happy Wednesday!! I'm finally getting around to finishing and posting my cards for the current Twofer Challenge with the theme of balloons. My friend Greta (ggcreations) is a guest designer so I started thinking about my cards the day the challenge opened last week. Here's my balloon twofer:


My balloon in common is from a retired (sadly) My Favorite Things Blueprints die set. It's made to cut just half a balloon so you can pop it into a corner. I stretched the die by cutting it into an oval for one balloon (with top trimmed off) for the slimline card. I used it as intended on card two along with the BIRTHDAY and bow dies from the Blueprints set. Here's each card separately:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio, Hero Arts, & 
 Pink Paislee Hello Sunshine (print)
Dies - My Favorite Thing Blueprints 26;
Stamps - Hero Arts Sweet Sprinkles Bold Prints (retired)
Mustard Seed Distress Ink; Doodlebug string;
Honey Bee gems; foam tape

LOL - I was looking for my confetti stamp and instead used the sprinkles one, oh well - it kinda looks congratulatory, I hope!! Just love the sparkle on the birthday card - am really in love with this one and will definitely make another...

Thanks to Darnell and team for a fun challenge! Two more cards for the stash - yay!! And thanks to you for visiting - happy crafting!!





10 comments:

Jean said...

Terrific take on the two-fer! Really like the different patterns/textures/colors you combined.

Cat Craig said...

What a fun way to use the balloons!

CinnamonSally said...

Two fun cards Linda, so bright and cheerful!

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are so happy and celebratory. I love the oversized balloon and both cards are striking and fabulous x.

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful balloon cards. Love the background on the first one and the glittery balloon is fabulous.

Darnell said...

As always you inspire me with your use of pp, Linda, which you've used so well on your two festive party balloon designs! Sprinkles, confetti, schparkle, we will take it in whatever form we can get these days as we reminisce about parties gone by and parties yet to come ... someday! I love the way you stretched the balloons, tied them with twine, and made a triple slimline design for your congrats card and then used it in all its glory for the very happy Happy Birthday design wrapped in sweet bows! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #35! I hope you are keeping warm and safe! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous set of cards, linda! both are so incredibly fun!

Greta said...

Love that big balloon die & both your cards, Linda! The sparkle is gorgeous for the BD, but I'm really loving the look you got with the slimline card! Hope the BD card I sent made it to you.

Happy Dance said...

My thought is that you really can't eat confetti, so sprinkles are a great alternative, lol!! It turned out very cool! When the grandkids were babies, I'd run to the Dollar Store and pick up a few balloons just for them to play with. They enjoyed that so much! And I'm enjoying your cards, as they remind me of that. They are a great size for cards. LOVE the glittery paper on your birthday card, too. These make me smile. I can imagine that whoever finds these in their mailbox will be smiling too. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Anita in France said...

Your twine tied bouquet of vibrant balloons is just so celebratory against the sprinkly background, Linda ... and that shimmery, sparkly bright red birthday balloon is delicious ... the shine is so eyecatching! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)