Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Holiday Greenery Twofer

Hey everyone - it's been a while. Guess I've been busy getting things ready for Thanksgiving and for our upcoming chorus holiday show. Time flies!! Anyway, at the Twofer Card Challenge, Darnell and company are doing twofers with holiday greenery. LOL - I missed that part when I popped over there but luckily the stamp I chose has greenery along with poinsettias!! Here's my twofer:


I was away much of this week and came home to a shipment from Hero Arts with the November My Monthly Hero Kit and some other goodies. I went right to a new Stamp & Cut set with the fun little label I used on both cards. Here's a closer look with supplies:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Hero Arts Decorative Poinsettia Frame Stamp & Cut & a retired sentiment
Die - Hero Arts Wood Frame Infinity Dies
Other - Copic Marker R46; Hero Arts Red Royal & Memento Tuxedo Black inks

I layered several black frames and inlaid with the stamped white panel. Left it very plain; too plain maybe? I decided to leave the poinsettia frame in outline except for some red berries. While we didn't have to make cards for two different occasions this month, I thought I might as well get a head start on my holiday thank-you cards.

Supplies: Paper - Lawn Fawn Spruce notecard; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamp with die - Hero Arts Decorative Poinsettia Frame Stamp & Cut 
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Red Royal & Memento Tuxedo Black inks; foam tape

Why, you ask, did I put the red dots on this one? To cover up a couple ink spots I didn't like. Tried to hide with white gel pen but it wasn't working for me - oh well.... Anyway, my twist was to rotate the label and I thought it was in perfect proportion to this Lawn Fawn 4-bar size card. Nice & simple!! One more Christmas card for the stash which is nearly there! I'm up over 75 cards - yay!


That's it for today, friends - thanks for stopping!! And thanks to Darnell and her team for another fun challenge!!

10 comments:

Betty said...

love that new HA stamp and cut and how you designed with it - didn't even notice your red dots until you said something - two fab cards, Linda

Cat Craig said...

Linda, What a fun and festive label stamp and die. Your thank you is fabulously CAS and I love that you only colored the berries. Your Christmas card is such fun with the rotation of the image and those added camouflage dots. I think they add fun. Thanks for joining in at Twofer Card Challenge!

Greta said...

Great way to use that little label stamp, Linda! 2 lovely cards!

Rosemary said...

both cards are absolutely beautiful, linda!

Darnell said...

I love a stamp that is an image and a place to put a sediment all in one and this holiday diamond shape is divine, Linda! I love it just like it is matted in black and red with the red sediment and red berries for your thank you card! And it's beautiful as a holiday card image on that pretty green woodgrain card base! And now here I was thinking you added those dots intentionally as a design feature! We would have believed that, you know, because they look great! Thank you very much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #22! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. Beautifully done. Love your save on your second one. The red dots look perfect on the card.

Anita in France said...

These are both fabulous, Linda ... that first clean, crisp card is so striking and stylish in the black, red, white colour palette ... love that you just coloured the berries around the frame! Your second design is delicious in those festive shades of red and green ... those tiny dots are a great addition ... and a brilliant idea for covering a boo-boo or two! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Jean said...

Fantastic uses of that stamp set! Both designs are similar and yet distinctive!

Kara Lynne said...

Two wonderful cards, Linda! Your first card is so clean and elegant with just the berries colored, and I love the black "wood" frame! Such a versatile stamp that can be turned both ways, and I love it on the LF note card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty tag, Linda! I love how you've left it mostly black and white with the berries colored on the first card and it's just as striking with the poinsettias and greenery colored!