Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Two ornament cards!

Hey everyone - hope you had a wonderful World Card Making Day yesterday!! I missed the Craft Roulette WCMD event but chorus had a great show & I can always watch the CR replay.

Since I didn't have to leave for the show until 11:30a, I had time to make a card on World Card Making Day - just didn't have time to post it until now. Decided I'd make something for Just Us Girls #747 where they're using the colors chartreuse, light blue and gray (with any neutrals, of course). What a gorgeous combo & friend Lisa (My Paper Tales) is hosting so I wanted to play.


Supplies: Paper - My Favorite Things Christmas Cheer
& Limelight; Anchor Paper grays;
Spellbinders Betterpress Pebble; TH kraft metallic
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired);
Impression Obsession Pine Branch;
Birch Press Design Ornament Basics
Press Plate with Die - Spellbinders Merry Bright Sentiment Strips
Other - Spellbinders Betterpress Thunder ink;
Hero Arts Spring Enamel Stickers

Just did a bunch of die cutting and used a Betterpressed sentiment from the stash. Sorry the darkest color looks a bit blue in the photo; definitely is a dark gray! The top ornament layer was cut from a medium gray linen paper which has a reverse side of the lightest gray. Pebble Betterpress paper is a soft gray and I used a gorgeous gray Betterpress ink. The toppers were cut from Tim Holtz kraft metallic silver.

While I was diecutting the Belle ornament layers (there are 3), some labels cut from the centers. I decided to make another card, this time with just a basic ornament & the labels. Nice & simple.


Additional supplies: Spellbinders Sparkling Snow 3D Embossing Folder;
Poptone Berrylicious cardstock

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Both versions are lovely! I like the big layered ornaments and backgrounds you've given each of them. Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls, Linda!

Carol said...

So pretty in our colors. I love that you took the colors and made a non-traditional Christmas theme. I love the pine branches and the little touch of silver! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Just Us Girls!