Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 26, 2024

hi Hello!

Hi & hello, everyone!! Watched Craft Roulette Episode #238 last night & made a card during the show. Since I'd already posted yesterday, I waited to share my card until today:


Supplies: Paper - Olive by unk;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; scraps
Stamps - Hero Arts Old Letter &
Watch Gears (both retired); Sunny Studio Berry Bliss
Spellbinders Faux Stitched Sentiments & Floss (DOM-Apr24);
Taylored Expressions Easy Strips - 1/8" 
Stencil - My Favorite Things Smart Mask - Diagonal High/Low Strip
Inks - Taylored Expressions, SSS, Altenew, TH Distress

Host Mary Gunn FUNN had Meghann Andrew (her YouTube) as a 1st time guest. Meghann has done both scrapbooking and cardmaking & will be teaching at the Concord & 9th Winter Retreat 2025. She works for Scrapbooks and Cards Today magazine; see the fall issue online HERE

The wheel spun some nice & easy parameters; Meghann was lucky to have her pick come up for the Random item:


  • Project - Collage: I created a collage with stamping.
  • Colors - Italian Restaurant: Found a palette on Pinterest HERE - Lime/Olive/Salmon/Rust.
  • Element - Short: I stamped hi, short for hello.
  • Random - Diagonal Lines: I used the same stencil as on a recent Diva card; it leaves a diagonal area blank. I framed it with diagonal strips.
I started by stenciling an A2 panel of Neenah white using the MFT high/low strip stencil and Limeade ink. Leaving the stencil in place, I masked off the lower part and stamped the text/postage on the upper part using Crushed Olive Distress ink. Next I stamped the watch gears with Pumpkin ink & also in Blush ink, then in Limeade (with a little blush left on the stamp so it went a bit brown - oops). Probably should've added some text on the lower part, oh well...

I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and added 1/8" strips to frame the diagonal opening. Adhered it to an A2 olive green card base formed from cardstock. The 8.5x11 piece was in a mixed package, unlabeled so I think it was part of some card kit - maybe SSS??

Die cut HELLO twice and layered. Stamped hi directly in the diagonal window and adhered HELLO. The hi is actually "hi sweetie" but I did a little surgery to get the hi alone. I left it at that, adding no gems, etc. Nice & flat!

Since I used a stencil, I'll add my card to Just Us Girls #750 where it's stencil week. I'll also link up to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge #67 since my hi and HELLO are newly used here.

That's all for today; thanks for stopping by!!


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to have you sharing this fun card with us at Just Us Girls, Linda! Terrific layering!