Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Quick and easy Christmas cards

Hey there - just popping in to post a project for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge. You can link up anything Christmassy! Here's my little trio:

Supplies: Paper - Prefab foiled ornament card;
Paper Studio glitter; Neenah black
Dies - Michael's Recollections holiday words
My Favorite Things Blueprints 26 (retired)
Other - Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strip

I found these darling foiled ornament cards (blank inside) a couple years ago. Can't remember if they were in the value bins at Target or Michaels. They are slightly smaller than A2 size & come in a set of three with envelopes. The cardstock texture looks like linen - so pretty! I thought they'd be perfect for some quick and easy cards! All I did was add a die cut bow (from an MFT birthday die set) and a sentiment. Two have the Michaels joy die cut in two different shades of green and one has an SSS sentiment strip with a black bow. I wanted to do a red one but was out of red glitter paper...

Hope this isn't "cheating" LOL!

Mom is coming along on her broken leg recovery - thanks for the get well wishes! She is on cast #3 and gets a new one Friday; they keep changing them so they can check her skin. Meanwhile I'm busily writing out cards and trying to make more - still a ways to go!!

I'll be back on 12/21 with a Die Cut Divas project. Until then, thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!




12 comments:

Greta said...

Now that is one great buy, Linda! Beautiful cards--cheating or not! So glad your mom is healing. Happy Holidays!

Trina P. said...

Quick and cute and a great buy!

Dawn T said...

very beautiful Linda. Glad things are coming along for your Mom.

papierelle said...

Oh no, this is not a "cheating" !! Everything that can be used to be creative is allowed !! This is how wonderful CAS cards were created.
Get well soon for your mom.

CinnamonSally said...

These are gorgeous Linda!

Betty said...

love it when you can find these quick ways to make several cards at once - and these are especially lovely!! good to hear Mom is healing well.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done.

Lisa Elton said...

These are CAS prettiness, Linda! Healing prayers for your mom!

Jean said...

Love the gold ornaments paired with the sentiments - whimsical and elegant at the same time.

Rosemary said...

great set of cards, linda! sometimes quick and easy is the way to go.

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad your mum is improving, broken bones can be a slow recovery especially as we get older. What a good idea to add something to a pre foiled card. No-one will ever know if you don't tell them! xx

Dotty Jo said...

Sorry, I'm a little late commenting! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, your cards are lovely with the mix of foiling and stamping. Hope Mom continues to improve. Big hugs, Jo x