Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Embossed masculine card

Hey crafty friends - ready for Christmas? I never did manage to make cookes but was lucky to have a friend share some of hers!

I'm popping in with a masculine card for an upcoming January birthday, making sure to include elements to fit at Let's Squash It (challenge #15 - Your Call).

Supplies: Paper - Basic Grey Bowties;
Paper Studio silver; Co'redinations black; Neenah white
Stamps - Divinity Designs Hat's Off
Embossing folder - Taylored Expressions Brick
Ink - Black Soot Distress Oxide
Other - Copic Markers T1, E00 & E11;
Park Lane stars

Besides using an embossing folder, we're supposed to incorporate a past technique from Let's Squash It. I went with the simple, but effective, technique of inking the raised areas. Sponging Black Soot DI ink lightly over the embossed silver cardstock really gave the background a weathered look.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping!!



9 comments:

Anita van Deur said...

Great masculine card, Merry Christmas!

Dawn T said...

fantastic masculine card Linda. Great card.

Rosemary said...

wonderful masculine card, linda!

Greta said...

Perfect use of the technique & a great card, Linda!

Pia S said...

This design is perfectly masculine, several items used for a non-fussy interesting look. Looks great! Hope you’re having an enjoyable Christmas time.

Jean said...

Delightful - fun texture and patterns!

Trina P. said...

Great masculine card! The technique is perfect on the embossed brick wall.

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous masculine card Linda, love the inked brickwork! Hope you had a good Christmas, wishing you a Happy New Year!

ionabunny said...

This is fab and I love your bloke. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Happy New Year. Hugz