Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Twofer Wreath!

Hi all - the November Twofer Card Challenge was announced yesterday and I was eager to play along since I missed last month. Darnell and company are using wreaths this month - yay!


Something new this month & ongoing, stencils are allowed as the common element. So - two cards, two different occasions, same stamp, die or stencil. I'm working on Thanksgiving cards now so it made sense to start there. For my second card, I decided to get in another Christmas card. Since Merry Monday ended, I haven't kept up on my production quota - woe is me!! My common element is a twig wreath die from an old Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit - long sold out, unfortunately.


Here's each card individually with the supply list:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; scraps of colors &
scrap of Authentique Thankful (2012)
Target glitter paper
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Happy Feast (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts September 2016 My Monthly Hero kit
Other - scrap of ribbon; Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Copic Markers

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; scraps of colors & glitter;
Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft
Dies - Hero Arts September 2016 My Monthly Hero kit;
Other - silver gel pen; orange Stickles; Pine Needles Distress Ink

Neither photo of the Christmas card captures the beautiful jewel tone blue of the card base. I was shopping (big surprise?) yesterday at JoAnn and they had boxed cards 60% off - practically free! Well, I have many of these boxes in the stash but allowed myself one box of the DCWV Ms. Sparkle Jewel cards. Five great colors and I started using the pumpkin colored ones right away for my Thanksgiving cards. When I was trying different card bases for the Christmas card, the blue caught my eye - what do you think? The scripty sentiment was a pain - so delicate! I layered a white one under the silver one (a second white one became a hopeless tangle) - of course, glue got all over. I covered up some glue drips on the blue card with some strategic silver dots, then added a bunch more dots.

Thanks to the Twofer folks for a fun challenge! And thanks to you for stopping!!

13 comments:

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, the Thanksgiving card is too much fun with those whimsical elements you added to your wreath! Love that little drumstick especially! Hah!
Great Christmas card too with the green and kraft wreath and silver sentiment! NJ on both!

Betty said...

two wonderful cards, Linda - love the cute bits on the Thanksgiving wreath and the Christmas one is gorgeous!

Cindy C. said...

Both so delightful, the Thanksgiving one is very cute too!!

Greta said...

The Thanksgiving card is just adorable, Linda! The blue card behind the Christmas wreath is gorgeous!

Darnell said...

First of all, before I forget, I LOVE that blue card base for your traditional green, red, and white Christmas card, Linda! I'm going to remember that! And good job with managing to cover your glue blops in a way that looks like the bling was planned that way!! And your fall wreath, please! It's remarkable with those itty-bitty beautifully colored ear of corn, drumstick (how cute is he?!!), and punkin pie! Everything about this design is fun and perfect for Thanksgiving!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #11! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Eeek ... how adorable is that Thankgiving wreath with the sweet-faced munchables, Linda ... so fun, so creative and so cute! The blue base you used as background for your Christmas wreath is deep, rich and gorgeous ... the bright green and shimmery poinsettia are fabulous against it ... and that shiny sentiment positively pops! Great job with the strategic dots to cover up the oops glue ... I used to have that issue too so tried Stick-It for doing delicate die cuts ... worked a treat! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Rosemary said...

fabulous set of cards, linda! I just love the smiling little food items on the first one... too cute!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, this is the cutes Thanksgiving wreath I have ever seen, Linda! The Christmas wreath is so pretty on the blue card base (I don't like it either when the color looks so different on a screen) and the delicate silver sentiment is gorgeous but I can see how it would be difficult to glue down. Maybe the Stick It Paper would help... Love the silver dots - great save! Fantastic duo of cards!
Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer!

Jean said...

Both of these are fantastic! It's fun to have you sharing your beautiful creations again.

Dawn T said...

totally awesome wreaths Linda. Love the such different looks with the same die.

CinnamonSally said...

Both your wreaths are fabulous Dawn, love the Thanksgiving one so cute!

stampingandstitching said...

Aw Linda I can't tell you how much I smiled when I saw your Thanksgiving card! The wreath is so pretty with the combination of gorgeous leaves and the sparkly branch wreath. As for the stamped images - ADORABLE!! Your Christmas card is so elegant with the pretty layered and decorated wreath against the rich blue background! I think you found the perfect base for your card and what a great bargain too. What a great and very pretty solution to the problem with glue drips. For those delicate dies I've started using sticky back paper on the back of the card before die cutting, otherwise the card and my fingers end up being a huge sticky mess.

Sybrina K said...

Linda, I just love both cards! The Thanksgiving version is adorable with those little food morsels, and the colors of the Christmas card are fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with this month's Twofer Wreath Challenge. :)