Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween!!

Hey there - hope Halloween's shaping up to be a great day in your neighborhood. Looks pretty dreary here but it's supposed to get to 54F.

I didn't make a ton of Halloween cards this year. I always need a card for my longtime friend Denise who has a Halloween birthday. On this one I stamped and masked the haunted house, then stamped the ghost coming out of it. I hand drew a hill and path, then colored all with Copic Markers. My shading around the house and ghost got a bit messy but I decided to think it looks spooky - LOL!

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Layering Paper; Poptone Black Licorice;
Target orange glitter, scrap of Momenta Marbled; 
Neenah Classic Crest; Doodlebug Pumpkin Party
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp Creepy Cute; Hero Arts CL468 Frightful (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired) and 26

I usually send a Halloween card to my friend Heather and her family. For 2018 I cut a jumbo BOO on the Silhouette and added a ghost peeking out of it. Simple but fun! I was so eager to get it off in the mail that I forgot to photograph it. Heather sent me a photo this morning so I could blog it today - thanks, Heather!! She sent me a darling card too but she hasn't blogged in quite a while so you probably won't see it. ***Update - she posted it - yay!!**

Supplies: Paper - Michael's green; Neenah kraft; Bazzill purple
A2 lilac card by DCWV 
Neenah Classic Crest; Doodlebug Pumpkin Party
Stamps - Hero Arts CL468 Frightful (retired)
Silhouette text - can't remember the font....

I love how she artfully displayed it with some Halloween decor - you don't see much of that at my house! I'm terrible about decorating for any holiday but Christmas. Anyway - hope you have a wonderful Halloween and don't get sick eating too much candy!! I should try not buying the kinds I like!!

Thanks for stopping!!


9 comments:

Lori said...

What fun Halloween cards! I think the background on the first looks really cool and I love the orange glitter birthday panel at the bottom. And such fun bright colors on the second!

Betty said...

such cute Halloween cards, Linda - your friend will surely love your darling ghost/haunted house card!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--these are wonderful, Linda! The Halloween BD card is super duper fun & Heather's card is darling!

Rosemary said...

super fun Halloween cards, linda! love the little scene you created on the birthday card!

Cindy C. said...

These are so fun Linda!

Diane said...

Two super cute Halloween card designs Linda.

Hugs Diane

Carol L said...

Halloween may be over, but celebrating a birthday on that day must be fun, and your special card was surely appreciated. Love the colors and sparkle! The 2nd card is cute with all those stars in the background too! Wishing you a wonderful season of joyful chorus singing :)

Jean said...

Two terrific Halloween cards!

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, thanks again for the fabulous Halloween card :) I still have it on display with the other Halloween cards you've sent us over the years - haven't quite got in Christmas mode just yet. What a fun day for a birthday and what a special card you made for your friend Denise. I love the scene you created with so many brilliant details and my goodness the background you created is so spooky and eerie looking! I'm sure Denise was thrilled with it!