Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

It's Been A While!

Hello friends - sorry I've been offline quite a bit in October! Chorus activities kept me busy, as well as visits to family. City of Lakes Chorus had our "send off" show, then we went to the Sweet Adelines International convention & competition in St Louis. After coming home I went to visit my parents and attended the Land of Lakes District convention (Barbershop Harmony Society).  Then chorus began rehearsals for our upcoming Christmas show - I stay busy!

If you're interested, our performances at the competition can be found at the links below:
We earned 8th place (same as 2016). Last year was an "off" year as we can only compete every other year, after qualifying at a Regional contest which we did in Spring 2017.

Now on to a card. Last week was my dad's birthday and I was able to celebrate with him. Here's the card I made:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Layering Paper, Poptone Black Licorice
scrap of Authentique blue; Echo Park Reflections 6x6 pad
Stamps - Hero Arts CL661 It's Your Day
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 13
Other -  black & silver gel pens, washi tape; 
Copic Markers; Stickles

Thanks to my friend Heather for sending me the train and the candle number diecuts!! Several members of Dad's family worked for the railroad and he loves trains - the diecuts came at the perfect time to make his card.

This month I missed a bunch of challenges I enjoy, including the Twofer Challenge and CAS Christmas. Hopefully I can play along again in November! I have also missed commenting on my friends' blogs and hope to get back to you all soon!!

Thanks for stopping and hope you have a crafty week!!

7 comments:

Betty said...

good to have you back, Linda - i was getting worried about you! wonderful card for you dad, am sure he loved it. take care.

Jean said...

Congrats and Welcome back! A fantastic card for your father.

Dawn T said...

Oh my Linda... you have been very busy. And your card for your Dad is fabulous

Rosemary said...

welcome back, linda! your dad's birthday card is amazing!!

Greta said...

You are one busy lady, Linda--but sounds like fun! So great you celebrated with your dad for his BD & what a great card! Love the train!

Cindy C. said...

Keeping busy is a good thing eh?! :) Wonderful card you made for your dad!!

stampingandstitching said...

As you know already Linda I just LOVE this card that you made for your Dad! I'm so glad you found a home for the die cuts. I've made a few cards using those number dies but still haven't managed to make flames as realistic as yours, I'll have to keep trying:) Congrats again on doing so well in St Louis - I loved seeing your performances!