Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving to those in the great USA who are celebrating today!! I'm helping my dad make Elegant Chicken - once again turkey is off the menu due to all the wild turkeys running through their yard every day. Gotta admit I don't enjoy eating turkey anymore either - LOL!

Last week I shared a Thanksgiving card for the Twofer Challenge - see it here if you missed it. That one will go to my brother and sister-in-law when they join us for dinner. Here are 5 more cards I made for family and friends:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle Jewel A2 card; Target glitter paper;
Trio Window card by unknown; scrap of orange;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; BoBunny 
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Happy Feast (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; recycled Hallmark card; Target bronze twine

The card at left has the same Lawn Fawn smiling foods as my Twofer card but I put them in a card with a trio of precut circles. I always feel there's something missing when I use these cards so this time I added frames to the circles plus two layered sentiment circles. The card at right uses a background paper and sentiment I cut from a Hallmark thank you card I received. I just loved the card and thought it would be great for Thanksgiving. Luckily it was an A7 size so I could cut a stitched rectangle and still trim off the sentiment. I cut the Hero Arts pumpkin from glitter paper and backed it with some plain orange. Then I added some shading with a brown pencil. For the vines on top, I cut just the end portions of the Spellbinders flower vine die.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 cards; BoBunny, Authentique
Dies - My Favorite Things - various retired Blueprints
Tim Holtz Stitched Framelets

I've had the Deep Red stamp for a while but hadn't used it for Thanksgiving cards yet. The color washed out a bit on the bottom card but I did use more muted colors on the cornucopia. I liked the darker, warmer version better, I think.

I'm grateful for so many things in my life, including wonderful crafting and blogging friends like you!! Thanks for stopping!

6 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful, and full of country charm! Happy Thanksgiving to you all Linda!!

Betty said...

wonderful cards and have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family!

Rosemary said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Linda! Your cards are fabulous! I think if I had wild turkeys running through my yard I wouldn't want to eat turkey, either, lol!

Dawn T said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda. What great cards.

Jean said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. A terrific collection of cards!

Greta said...

So sorry not to have come by in awhile, Linda. Your cards are beautiful & I agree with you that the one with warmer colors is my favorite!