Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

CAS Christmas - Santa

Hi all - time for a play at this month's CAS Christmas Challenge to use Santa. I just love Santa images and have a bunch. Wish I could find that vintage woodblock Santa, though - he's around here somewhere.... Without that stamp, I decided to use a Santa head Silhouette image by Lori Whitlock.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Authentique Colorful Christmas; scrap of BoBunny dotted red
Stamps - Hero Arts CG211 Magical Background & CL618 Holiday Conversation (both retired)
Embossing folder - Taylored Expressions Subway Tile
Silhouette Design - ID 69522 Santa Claus
Other - Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, Puffy Embossing Powder

I started out by cutting four sets of the Santa head out of white paper. Next I colored, stamped or embossed the bits as desired. Once that part was done, assembly of the Santa head went quickly. I embossed the subway tile background on a white card and tried the Santa head alone - ugh. Decided to give him a circle body - much better but then he needed some ground to stand on! Quickie sentiment bubble. Done!! Hope this is CAS enough - any foam tape I used was ultra thin....

Version 2 has a oval body and a diecut Merry (not sure of brand - it was laying on the craft table) with a stamped Christmas from Hero Arts (Merry Stamp & Cut). I simplified the Santa hat by leaving off the puffy embossing powder. The paper for the oval is from Pink & Main's Jolly collection. I trimmed the subway tile panel and mounted to a green card.


Two more sets of Santa heads left to use and then I'll have four quick cards done for the stash! Not much time before I'll have to start readying my cards for mailing. Once again I procrastinated on getting the insides of my cards done so I'll have to start working on that....


Thanks for stopping & I hope you have a crafty week even with all the Thanksgiving prep!!

12 comments:

Betty said...

two very cute santas, Linda - happy thanksgiving!

Bonnie said...

These Santas are adorable, Linda! I love how you've colored them and the decorative papers! The embossed background is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving!

Loll said...

These two Santa cards are adorable Linda! Love the texture of the background, and the small pieces of patterned paper. Great design with adding a rolly-polly body for Santa's head. :) Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Nance said...

Great roly poly Santa cards, Linda! Love the textures and patterns, they compliment each other well. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas.

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, these are some of the cutest Santa's I've seen. I love all the DP and the great brick wall texture. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas:)

Papercraft Boutique said...

These Santas are so cute, Linda! You used the pattern paper well to ground Santa. The subway tile (brick wall) embossing adds interest to the white background. Love the shiny details too.
Thank you for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Dawn T said...

totally gorgeous cards Linda. Love the brick wall behind your Santa

Cindy C. said...

Both so adorable!!!

Rosemary said...

oh those rolly polly santas are so cute, linda! fabulous cards!

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable - Happy Thanksgiving!

Greta said...

These are darling, Linda! I've got to do the insides of my cards, too!

Colleen said...

Linda it is so wonderful to see you at CAS Christmas! Thank you for making two wonderful cards for this challenge. I love your embossed background, perfect for being CAS and for Santa!