Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 13, 2019

Scandinavian Holiday at Christmas Kickstart

Hope you're getting a wonderful start to your weekend! I'm playing along with Christmas Kickstart Challenge 19 to make a Scandinavian holiday card - how could I not, being half Scandinavian?! Well, I went crazy last night and made three cards! Here they are in one photo:


#19 Scandinavian Holiday
Over a month ago, I bought the Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree stamp set at my LSS which participated in Hero Arts' early release program. Only bad news, they didn't get the matching die. Good news, I ordered it to come with my latest My Monthly Hero kit and it arrived yesterday - yay!! Instead of using the background layering stamp, I just stamped the patterned ones directly onto white die cut trees. I die cut a stack of trees and stamped each with one of the three patterns - so pretty!

Here's a close-up of each card with supply list - first, a single tree with a JOY sentiment:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card, Paper Studio craft
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White,
scraps of checked kraft and dotted pp
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree with matching die,
Scandinavian Holiday by Lia Griffith (star) and 
Christmas Crystals (retired - sentiment)
 Die - Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders
Other - Michael's gems, Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink,
Ultra thin foam

The checked background behind the tree is part of some Hero Arts packaging - I've managed to get tags and sentiment strips before but this time I managed to salvage a nice chunk! Next, another single tree with a different star and a birdie:

Supplies: Paper - patterned A2 card (not sure of the brand), Poptone Black Licorice,
Lawn Fawn Snow Day Remix 6x6, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree with matching die
Scandinavian Holiday by Lia Griffith (bird)
Holiday Sayings (retired sentiment), Family & Friends (retired star)
Other - Michael's gems, Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink, Ultra thin foam

Finally, a trio of trees. While there are 3 Scandinavian layers in the set, I'd only stamped one of them once so I just doubled up on one of the other patterns.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card,  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree with matching die
Additional Die - Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders
Other - Michael's & Hero Arts gems, Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink, Ultra thin foam

That's it for today. Thanks to Jo for a fun challenge - I really enjoyed playing around with my new Nordic set! I appreciate your visit and kind comments - be sure to let me know which is your favorite!

8 comments:

Jean said...

A favorite theme and you've done a fantastic job with it!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, how lovely are these? I think these sweet images have just jumped to the top of my wishlist. Love your cards. Thanks for playing at The chriatmas kickstart and for that little bit of enabling! Jo x

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards, linda! I love how you used a lot of the same elements on your cards, but in very different ways!

Dawn T said...

I just saw these as I was adding my cards Linda. Super pretty. The red and white always looks so classic on Christmas cards. These trees are so beautiful.

Cindy C. said...

Linda these are so beautiful!! I ordered mine and I can't wait for it to arrived.

Greta said...

This challenge was made for you, I'd say! 3 fabulous card, Linda!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, you've schooled us all on the Scandinavian style - three gorgeous creations!!
=]

Greta said...

Hurrah! Well-deserved win at Christmas Kickstart, Linda!