Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 21, 2021

A Framed Winter Scene

Hi everyone - I'm sharing at Die Cut Divas today using products from our sponsor, Kat Scrappiness. Our theme this month - Mini Slimline or Slimline cards, plus be sure to use a die cut or embossing folder in your design. I chose to make a mini slim; mine is 3.5x6" which is a standard size for some companies:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts, Paper Studio,
Neenah, Kat Scrappiness Ugly Sweater Slimline
Dies - Kat Scrappiness Winter Essentials
Stamps - Sunny Studio Inside Greetings Holiday
(also available here at Kat Scrappiness)
Other - Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink; 
Kat Scrappiness Holiday Bliss Mix



I started by cutting a new KS reverse scallop frame from their ugly sweater paper, then added hills, trees and a deer from a winter set I bought last year. Assembled and stamped the sentiment (oops, a little crooked, oh well), then added some sequins from the Holiday Bliss Mix that KS sent me - thanks, so cute!! To finish, I used a white gel pen to dot some additional "snow" - done! Seems many of the DT used the Winter Essentials die set - tells you something, doesn't it? An awesome set at a great price point!!

I must mention the awesome customer service by Kat Scrappiness. I ordered October release products on a Monday and had the order in my hands on Thursday of the same week - from Washington to Minnesota - amazing!! Many thanks!!

Do you like my photo background? The birch logs are paper ones I bought at Target - had to laugh; the label says "do not burn"! The stack of three comes tied with the heavy twine - so cute!

And here's a bonus card using the same scallop frame, plus a new sentiment die from the KS October release. I gave this one a portrait orientation and stacked the die cut for dimension. I did no inking on the frame and love how the patterns seem to merge!

Additional supplies: Paper - Paper Studio;
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing
Dies - Kat Scrappiness Get Well Soon
Other - Stamp on It vellum; Park Lane gems

You still have plenty of time to enter this month's challenge! Please add your card to the gallery by 9pm Pacific Time on November 30th.

Thanks for stopping by!!



11 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two stunners Linda. Love your little scene and your floral card is just delightful. Love the logs - great staging for your photos.

Pia S said...

The mini slimline cards are my favorites at the moment, and they're so practical for postage too.
I always love to see a reindeer on a Christmas card, and yu've created a lovely wintery scene. And those paper logs in the backgrund - they look just like the real deal.
The floral patterned card is really elegant and I love the simplicity of using just papers and dies, no stamping or coloring required.

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards, Linda! Your winter scene is delightful!

papierelle said...

You have designed a beautiful landscape scene and the recovery card is so colorful that recovery will definitely succeed.

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful, the winter scene is just perfect for the holiday; and the floral sure would cheer someone up in no time!!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards Linda, and I especially like the patterned frame on your scene card.

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, such a cute Christmas scene and the get well card is sooooo pretty!!

Jean said...

These are fantastic! Both are delightful. You've been missed!

Betty said...

both wonderful cards, Linda - love them both (and your log photo prop too)

Rosemary said...

really wonderful set of cards, linda!

HilaryJane said...

That scalloped frame is very versatile, love both your cards and love to see how you stage your photos too xx