Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Celebrate - It's My Party!!

Hey crafty friends - I'm delighted to be the Guest Designer at Day of the Month Card Club! We're celebrating "It's My Party" Day this month

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white;
Paper Studio black and glitter;
Momenta watercolor print
Dec 2016 MMH kit (sold out)
Stamps - Hero Arts Sparkle Clear - Party (retired) & 
Dec 2016 MMH kit
Other - Paper Studio Bright Abstract vinyl; Copic Markers;
3M foam tape, Hero Arts flower gem & clear lacquer

The actual celebration lands on October 11th and you can check out Leslie Gore singing the famous song on the Ed Sullivan Show (remember it?) HERE. You can see the Day of the Month Card Club August challenge winners post featuring my card HERE

For this month's theme, I had some fun with a Picket Fence Slimline set - love, love, love this one!! I started by adhering a strip of adhesive backed vinyl to white cardstock. Then I die cut it with the scalloped slimline rectangle, then cut a second one in white for the back. Scored the back piece and glued to front for a card base. 

Next I die cut the celebrate four times - pink glitter, black and two white. Layered the white for dimension, then glued the black, then white to the pink for shadow & depth. I glued the word to a narrow textured blue rectangle since the vinyl is so busy. Then I stamped the two circles and die cut both plus a larger pink circle. The stamp set I used came out in 2008, not long after I began making cards! The only alteration - the bigger circle sentiment says "It's a Party"; I did a little surgery and cut out the a, stamped it and then stamped "my" from a "Be my Valentine" sentiment. Yup - did a little surgery there too. All the stamps fit back together perfectly for stamping the original sentiments. I used Copics to add some blue to one circle and popped the smaller circle with foam tape. The little flower gems came with the stamp set and I hadn't used a one until now.

Things looked a little bare so I decided to add some party stuff. First thing that came to mind was a fun My Monthly Hero kit from - yikes - nearly 5 years ago. Love this one and use it often. I die cut the sunburst from the same pink glitter cardstock, plus a couple of the little stars. Then I stamped and die cut a party mask from the kit's stamp set. If you want to see more cards I made with the little masks, go HERE. If you'd like to see the vinyl embossed, go HERE.

Hope to see you in the challenge gallery which remains open until the end of the month! Thanks to Gundi, Rosi & Izzy for inviting me to guest design this month!!

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!

 



11 comments:

papierelle said...

Great card!!! I especially like the way you designed the text. The staggered sticking gives it a great effect. I am very happy that you are supporting us as a guest designer this month. Gundi

Betty said...

What a bright fun card for your guest spot, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

That certainly is a party card. Lone the idea of using vinyl and thanks for the link to the embossed version. I would never have thought of that and I have loads of vinyl. Congrats on your GD spot, very well deserved xx

Arlene said...

I love the bright colors! What a totally FUN card.

Dawn T said...

such a party card Linda. It's stunning, so bright and cheerful

Cat Craig said...

What a great card, so fun and festive!

Jean said...

A terrific celebratory card - the colors really set the tone.

Trina P. said...

Congratulations on GD!… it was a well deserved win to get you here! Fabulous party card! Fun colours. Loving that pink glitter!

Greta said...

Such a festive party card with all those colors!

Pia S said...

Cheerful colors and the glitter, as well as the embellishments, give this card plenty of party feel. I get a retro vibe from this, very cool.

Izzy Scrap said...

Love your gorgeous card with all these bright colours and these lovely elements. It definitely is festive ! Love the multi layered die cut. Thanks so much for being our guest designer for this challenge !