Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy WCMD everyone!! I'm visiting my parents today and brought some vintage cards from the 1950s to upcycle with my mom. Not sure of the brand since the box top was missing but they were so pretty and in great condition! I can't remember if I got them from my maternal grandmother or one of her sisters but one of them bought them in the '50s and never used them! I die cut a bunch of them using the Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set by A Jillian Vance Design. We embellished with some gems from JoAnn's and some sentiment strips from Simon Says Stamp.

First - here's  my mom's set:

Next - a few I made. I'm not sharing them all but I made 3 more for a total of 10 that Mom & Dad can mail out this holiday season. 


Here's Mom working diligently with glue. She needed some help with the small bits like gems she wanted to add.


And here's a selfie of Mom & I - barely got the cards in there, oh well...



I enjoyed sharing my card making with Mom! Hope you had a wonderful WCMD too!! If you're looking for my September Card Chain reveal post, go HERE. Thanks for stopping!!

11 comments:

Dawn T said...

What great upcycling Linda. And the added fun of crafting with your Mum is awesome. Love the cards.

papierelle said...

What a great moment to do handicrafts together with mom and the old pictures have been given a nice new use.

Lin said...

What a fun day, Linda, specially with your Mom! These are wonderful!

Cindy C. said...

These are absolutely wonderful, and such a fun time to spend together!!

Greta said...

How sweet you spent WCMD with your mom, Linda--love the picture! And just love that you're using those wonderful vintage cards!

Cat Craig said...

Great idea and what a fun craft for you an Mom to share.

Jean said...

What a wonderful idea! Lovely designs then and now!

HilaryJane said...

That was such a lovely idea and fancy keeping those vintage cards. I am so glad they now have a new lease of life. Your Mum looks like she enjoyed it. My mother died in 1989 when I was 33 so make the most of your time with yours xx

Rosemary said...

the cards you and your mom created are beautiful! so fun you were able to use actual vintage cards to make your cards!

JoAnn said...

What a great day you must have had making cards with your mom. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Pia S said...

How sweet of you to do this together with your mum, a cherished moment I'm sure. Fantastic vintage cards made better with small alterations and finishing touches.