Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Squashed with Space and Bling!

Happy almost the weekend - yay!! I'm here with a card for the current Let's Squash It!! challenge to use an embossing folder but include space and bling too. Fun, eh?!

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts, BoBunny, & Paper Studio
Cut and Emboss Folder - DoCrafts Xcut Rose Border
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle
Stamps - CAS-ual Fridays Flower Duo;
Taylored Expressions Linen Background
Shaker elements - Sunny Studio and Darice
Other - Copic Markers; SSS sentiment strips

I first cut the stitched rectangle and then embossed it. Rubbed ink on the raised parts to get more texture, then stamped the linen in the corner with a lighter ink. Decided to make a shaker so backed it with acetate, added foam tape and shaker elements (the bling is in there), then the patterned background panel. Added to an A2 card. The bitty hearts were open and my foam tape showed on some so I cut a gold panel and inlaid the hearts. Why is the acetate cloudy, you ask... Well, there was static despite my use of a powder pouch. Tossed in some baby powder and it coated the acetate; barely helped with the static too, oh well...

Since I had the gold panel, I added it to an ivory card with an anniversary sentiment for a second card:


Sorry for the bad photo - I tried hard not to get glare off the metallic cardstock. Love how it embossed though!! Sentiment die is from Creative Expressions.

That's it for today, friends! I hope you'll stop back tomorrow when I'll be sharing at Die Cut Divas with more items from CAS-ual Fridays.









7 comments:

Dawn T said...

two beautiful cards Linda. Love the elgance of the gold one.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful takes on the challenge, Linda. that gold one is stunning and the shaker is sweet too.

Angelnorth said...

These are lovely Linda! I think the cloudiness of the acetate actually works - gives a nice soft look - and the gold embossed one looks so elegant!

Robyn Oliver said...

Two lovely cards Linda...that's a gorgeous rose EF and I love how you used the gold hearts and then... made another card, Robyn

Greta said...

So pretty--both of them! The gold one is so perfect for a 50th! Love the first one, too!

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Linda - the gold one looks awesome!

ionabunny said...

A gorgeous frame and I love how you added the gold hearts to accentuate the design. The gold version is simply stunning. Thanks for joining the Let’s Squash It! challenge. Hugz