Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tutti fruity Twofer!

Hey there - I had a chance to wrap my mind around a Twofer Fruit Challenge - yikes! Fortunately I have a few fruity options and ended up going with a bunch of grapes.



I used an old Hero Arts clear set that I only remember using once before. Besides the grapes, it contains a citrus half, an apple, a pair of cherries, a strawberry and a pear. Here's my twofer:


I started out stamping & fussy cutting two bunches of grapes (actually had a third one stamped on purple cardstock which I didn't like) on Neenah using purple and green inks. Added a bit of purple Copic to fill in the grapes a bit more. I had this Spellbinders label set with leaves that reminded me of the grape leaves so decided to use that on the card at right (one I made first). But I'll share larger photos of each card and supply list starting with the card at left.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and purple cardstocks; 
lilac cardstock by unknown; Momenta Watercolor patterned paper; 
scrap of Authentique newsprint
Stamps - Hero Arts Engraved Fruits and A Little (both retired);
Simon Says Stamp Adult Beverages (retired, with coordinating die)
Your Next Stamp Coffee Rings
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Distress Oxide inks; foam tape

Flipping through my stash, I spotted a wine glass which I thought worked well with the grape theme. Decided to create a patterned paper with the bunch of grapes and also added splatters and ring stains (labeled coffee on the set but hey...). I stamped and fussy cut the fun Hero Arts label, filing in the blank space with WINE (the set has a bunch of fill-in options). Stamped and die cut the wine glass. Seemed a bit busy with the pattern behind (maybe needed a mat?) so I decided to add an anchoring strip of newsprint on which to sit the label and wine glass. Snipped part of a grape bunch to rest beside the wine glass (a full bunch seemed to big). Decided to add the remaining grapes to my other bunch, hoping to disguise that my label stamping was a bit crooked.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio Holiday (green); 
Momenta Watercolor patterned paper; Authentique gingham
Stamps - Hero Arts Engraved Fruits (retired);
Penny Black Gratitude
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background (with coordinating die)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired);
Spellbinders Botanical Bliss Beautiful Banner Basket (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Distress Oxide inks; foam tape

I consider the card at left an encouragement card and I made the card at left a birthday card. The inside says "Time to Celebrate You! Happy Birthday!" Two more cards for the stash thanks to the Twofer Challenge!! Thanks to Darnell and crew for the fun challenge and thanks to you for stopping by!

13 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Linda. I don't have many fruit stamps - only some digital ones. You have done an awesome job with this.

Marcia Hill said...

Loving both of these cards Linda! You did a great job making two totally different cards using those same fabulous grapes! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous cards Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Love the second gen type stamping in the background on the left card, and the full color versions on the right. Wonderful twofers, thanks for playing along.

Betty said...

great cards, Linda - and love those sentiments!

Anita in France said...

Fabulous layers and background on your first card, Linda ... and such a great sentiment ... I can so relate!! Those grapes on your second card look so plump and juicy ... fabulous with the die cut vine frame ... just like the vines round here! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

oldpunca said...

Amazing twofer with grapes! I especially like the coloring of berries on the second card. You achieved perfect 3D look. :-) The idea to add a glass of vine on the first card is great! Because I live in a wine region I have to agree with the sentiment. :-)
Hugs, Sonja

Rosemary said...

wonderful take on the two-fer challenge, linda!

Darnell said...

You did an amazing job of drawing all the elements together to create your beautiful grape-themed designs, Linda! I like the idea of using a glass of wine on an encouragement card and I love the grape/schplattered background and newsprint grounding! And your pretty pp background looks sensational behind the grape and grape leaf birthday sediment on your second design! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

A very clever take on the challenge subject!

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards! I like the yellow gingham you added on the second one!

Greta said...

Very creative, Linda! Don't think of them being made with the same stamp--such different cards!

Bunny said...

Love the grapes and what nice cards for the challenge. [Bunny]