Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Joy Poinsettia for CAS Christmas

Hi all - I'm popping in with a quick post - a super simple card for the current CAS Christmas Challenge.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice;
Paper Studio Glitter
Stamp - Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Poinsettia (retired)
Die - My Favorite Things Joy Die-namics
Ink - Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink

First I formed a top fold vertical A2 card with my Neenah 110 lb paper. Next I stamped the poinsettia with Spun Sugar ink and let dry thoroughly. I cut the Joy sentiment several times in black for layers and shadow, then in the silver glitter for the top layer. Adhered to card - done!! The poinsettia is from one of Hero Arts early stamp & cut sets. I love them and have MANY (too many some might say; I don't). I really liked how intense the pink got using the Distress Oxide, rather than regular Distress ink. Not a very original design and I noticed tonight that Vicky posted a card with a similar sketch only using a snowflake (I like hers better!!).

I was excited to see my January CAS Christmas card chosen as their Top Pick - woo hoo!! Really had fun with that one! You'll find me as a Guest Designer there for the March Challenge - I'm already busily thinking up a design. No hints as to the theme but it's a goodie!!

Hope you're enjoying a crafty week and thanks for stopping!!


12 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. Love the elegance and simplicity of this card.

Cat Craig said...

Simply gorgeous. I love that you chose pink, and that you layered the sentiment.

Cindy C. said...

Cute CAS design!!

Lucille K said...

Such a pretty CAS card, Linda :)

Betty said...

the pink and metallic silver are so pretty together, Linda!

Rosemary said...

just gorgeous linda!

Jean said...

Fun and fresh!

Christine Alexander said...

Love the simplicity of your stylized poinsettia and your layered Joy :)
Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Trina P. said...

Perfectly CAS. Love the non-traditional colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Bonnie said...

Your classic design is perfect, Linda! Love the pink poinsettia with the sparkly joy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas and congratulations on your win last month!

Greta said...

Congrats on the win, Linda! This card is one of my favorites--love it!

Colleen said...

Linda your card is CAS perfection! Adorable! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.