Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Penguin Cheer

Popping in with one last card (three entries per challenge allowed) at Christmas Kickstart where the penguin theme continues til January 31st. Here's my penguin trio:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Poptone Black Licorice;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hampton Arts Penguin Holidays (designer series - retired);
Hero Arts Miracle of the Holidays (sentiment - retired)
Die - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Wink of Stella;
Distress Oxide inks - Tumbled Glass & Fired Brick

Challenge #27 Penguin Parade

OK - another NBUS (Darnell's [djkardkreations] acronym for never before used schtuff). I was in my official craft room (which has long since overflowed to other rooms...) looking for an embroidery thread color a friend needs. Didn't find it, sigh, but I did find a darling stamp set with loads of penguins that I bought at the former Archiver's back in 2008. It was quite a pricey set for the day but I got it on sale. Never used it til now, can you believe it?! Anyway, it was designed by an artist I didn't know but she has a website - Ellen Krans, very talented!

I stamped three of the penguins on 110lb Neenah, colored them with Copics and added bits of clear Wink of Stella. Had to laugh - when coloring the left penguin I couldn't figure out at first why his nose was a circle. Then it hit me - it's a Rudolph nose to go with his antlers - ahhhh. So I colored it red! Cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and added some Distress Oxide ink for a sky. Stamped the sentiment, added a gem &  matted to a card - done. Very quick and simple, although I spent some time on coloring the penguins. Averted a near disaster with a blue Copic wanting to pour all over. You can still see a bit on the penguin by her scarf but we'll call it a shadow....

Did you get a pile of snow? We got dumped on here in MN and it's still snowing so it's just a matter of waiting for it to stop. Then the plowing service will clear it. Great day to stay in and make cards!! Hey Betty (created by bjk - if you want some more penguins, just let me know - LOL! Go here to see Betty's cute penguin card since she took up the challenge made on my post here. Thanks for stopping!

8 comments:

Trina P. said...

Adorable, Linda. Thanks for the challenge reminder.

Dotty Jo said...

Another gorgeous card for our penguin parade! Thanks so much for playing again at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Darling penguins, they look so happy. I need to get on the stick and play along.

Greta said...

How fun to find an unused set--cute card! Glad someone else has craft goodies overflowing to other rooms--haha! Posted crocus leaves with a bud on IG for everyone looking at snow & ice right now!

Dawn T said...

What super cute Penguins. I'm still trying to decide what to do yet.

Rosemary said...

You are really rockin' the challenge at Christmas Kick Start with all these cute penguin cards, Linda!

Jean said...

Cute, cute, cute.

ionabunny said...

No snow here but I'm loving your penguins. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz