Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Bee Thinking of You

Hey there - TGIF!! We're expecting a ton of snow which will make my snowmobiling brother happy!! Meanwhile, I was inspired to make a card with Spring in mind.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
BoBunny Believe 6x6 Collection; 
Paper Studio Holiday (green mat)
Stamps - Hero Arts Be Happy (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (various - retired)
Other - Copic Markers, Icy Stickles, foam tape, &
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

A friend had surgery so I needed a card for her and she loves bee images; even has a collection of bee stuff. So I went to an old Hero Arts stamp set, long retired, with these sweet bees I'd never used. There's a sun image in the set which I've used many times but the bees were neglected. I still had the beautiful BoBunny Believe paper pad out from when I made my Twofer cards the other day and was drawn to the sunrise and orange papers - thought they would make a great background for a flower with bees.  I stamped the sentiment in the sun area. Stamped, colored and fussy cut the other elements. Added them to the card, some with foam tape. Applied Stickles to the bee wings, more on the girl who likes her bling!!

I'm taking Kathy's (The Daily Marker) Online Coloring Challenge Road Trip class and consider this a piece of Day One homework. I picked three color shades - don't have to be from the same "family" - to use on each item - the flower petals, flower center, leaves, grass and bees. I left the white areas as she recommends and tried a bit of the shading with a dark pencil but it wasn't sharp enough - need to get a new sharpener!! Anyway, I liked how it all turned out. I've known Kathy for years through the Hero Arts group; both of us were Hero Hostesses, though at different times. What a talent!!!! I learn so much from her every time I visit her blog and she was a great help to me when we used to do Hero Hostess Blog Hops. Anyway, these Online Card Classes created by Jennifer & Kristina are such a great value and you can revisit them as much as you want. I haven't taken them all but count nine on my list. So, the Coloring class is still going if you want to get in. Even after the actual class period ends, you can enroll and catch up - just can't post to the gallery nor does the instructor monitor the Q&A.

I'm behind on my class lessons so I'd better get moving! Thanks for stopping and enjoy your weekend!!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, your card is fab. I had such a hard time with the lessons..but I can clearly see day one here. Gorgeous!

Lin said...

Such a fun set, perfect for your friend! I love seeing the oldies brought back!

Rosemary said...

what a delightful get well card for your friend, linda! your coloring is fabulous!

Trina P. said...

Cute card and colouring. Love the sunrise background.

Greta said...

What a great card to send some cheer! Love everything you did here, Linda!

Kathy said...

Hi Linda!! What a nice write up so sweet! The card is beautiful and your coloring is exceptional. So proud of you for going out of your comfort zone. Bravo!

Jean said...

Wonderful coloring!