Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Java Cafe

Hi all - it's been a while since I've posted anything! I've still been making cards but have been rather lazy about blogging them - oh well....

Since my last post, I've been busy with chorus activities. Our Director has been conducting small group rehearsals on choreography at a mirrored studio - very fun! Then he couldn't do one scheduled session last week so my friend JoAnn & I ran it (we're on the chorus Visual Team). The previous week I joined a group of 13 from chorus to sing at the VA Hospital in St Cloud MN. It was fun to sing for the veterans who've done so much for our freedom! Part of the event was a sing-along and one sweet gentleman got so into it, he started doing a solo of My Wild Irish Rose. The aide with him said she hadn't seen him smile like that in a while :) Another gentleman was dancing to our music, joined by his aide - so great to bring joy to our audience!

Today I'm sharing a card made with a beautiful cafe scene from the August My Monthly Hero kit by Hero Arts.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Momenta Marble Pastel;
Paper Studio yellow A2 card & red; Poptone Black Licorice
Stamp & Die - Hero Arts August 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit
Other - Copic Markers, Joy ultra thin foam

I die cut the scene from white card stock and colored most of it with Copic Markers. I cut it a second time, just the awning portion, in red and then inlaid those pieces into the white. Stamped the sentiment (also from the kit) and hand doodled the cafe sign. Done!

That's it for today. Hope you're enjoying these last days of summer. We've been experiencing a lot of rain but are still behind on our rainfall for the summer. Looks like it'll be a sunny holiday weekend though. Thanks for stopping!!


5 comments:

Greta said...

I would have loved to be with you singing for the veterans--what a great experience! Your card is darling, Linda! I've been really wishing for a blog writing genie--haha!

Dawn T said...

What an amazing card Linda. What fun to sing for and with the Veterans.

Betty said...

loved reading your story about the veterans' home and your card is so cute! i've been lazy too about posting cards these past few weeks too.

Jean said...

What a fantastic scene - I want to jump right in.

Rosemary said...

WOW! What a fabulous card, Linda! I just love how you colored up your little café scene! (I almost got the August MMH kit simply for that die, but just said no because I have hardly used the other MMH kits that I bought!)