Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Geometric Twofer

Hey everyone - back with cards for this month's Twofer Card Challenge - #8 already!! This month Darnell and company would like to see geometric shapes on our cards. How fun is that?!


I went with a scribble circle die from Poppystamps. Here's my Twofer:


Many months ago, I die cut the three shapes from Scribble Trio using gold glitter paper. Every now and then I'd pull them out alone or together, move them around a card base, and then toss them back in the UFO box. When I saw the Twofer prompt this month, the light bulb in my brain went off! I'd intersect all three on a horizontal card. Decided to make it a Christmas card so used a green card base & embossed a word in each of them, added sequins, done! Here's a close-up:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Paper Studio glitter
Dies - Poppystamps Scribble Trio
Stamps - Hero Arts CL998 Happy Holly Days
Other - Silver embossing powder; Darice sequins

What to do for the second card? I had knocked a few stamp sets off my table while looking through the UFO box. Spotted the rocket stamp and suddenly I knew another scribble circle could be the rings of a planet. Here's a close-up:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts pool; Paper Studio glitter & teal;
Poptone Black Licorice, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
scrap of Yupo I marbled with alcohol ink
Dies - Poppystamps Scribble Trio; MFT Blueprints (retired)
Stamps - Hero Arts CL922 Rocket Thanks (retired);
Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars
Other - White embossing powder; Distress spray; Copic Markers

I got a bit wild with the Distress spray and had to wipe a bit off the bottom of my teal panel - oh well. That's par for the course around here. Then I had to take my photos twice because at first I'd forgotten to color the word thanks which stamped in outline. Quickly colored it and photographed all over again. I like it much better colored!

That's it for today. Chorus did a park concert yesterday - it was extremely warm but everything went great even if the audience huddled in any available shade!! We were on a shaded stage but got no hint of the lake breeze - I couldn't believe how hot & tired I got. Didn't help that I stayed up til 1:30 this morning reading!! Will definitely need a nap before I do anything else - LOL.

Thanks to the Twofer crew for a fun challenge and thanks to you for stopping by! Hope you have a crafty week!!

8 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Perfect take for the Geometric Twofer Challenge, Linda! That's a great CAS Christmas card, and I'm loving those glittery shapes! And how clever to ring your planet with more of the fun glittery circle! That's just such a sweet card. They both are. Sounds like your day yesterday was fun, even if it was hot. Wish I had time for a nap today, but I've got too much to do before my sister arrives. Thanks so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

Darnell said...

How great that you were able to use something from your UFO box, Linda! Actually two somethings! The beautiful embossed scribble triplet makes a stunning Christmas card with the Christmas words perfectly embossed inside! It's a QACAS card that packs a huge wallop! As for your rocket thanks, I could just visualize you the moment you saw that rocket and another lightbulb went off! So fun to turn the scribble circle into the rings of a planet for your beautifully colored card! The planet and stars are sensational and I agree with you about the difference coloring the THANKS made!! Good eye! So glad to hear that you had a good time at the park concert, even in the blazing heat! Hopefully things will cool off soon! Thanks so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Lin said...

What a fun challenge, Linda! Love what you did with these shapes, especially the space card!

Betty said...

what a wonderful bit of creativity, Linda - so perfect for this challenge - love the green and gold Christmas card and the rocket one is so cute!!

Rosemary said...

what a fun set of cards, linda! you really knocked the two-fer challenge out of the park!

Loll said...

Two fantastic designs Linda!! LOVE how you've grouped your gold geometric shapes to make a very creative and beautiful Christmas card. Don't you love it when you have one of those light bulb moments!! :) Always great to use items from the UFO box as well.

And so clever to use a second golden scribble circle for about the planet. Fun card with the rocket ship. Great design on both cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Brenda said...

Wow, love your take for the Twofer Challenge! Both cards are just fabulous. Those scribble dies are really fabulous too and I love the way you used them. I love the Christmas card. It is so CAS and so elegant. The cute space card is so fun and a great way to use that scribble circle die. Two totally different cards and I love them both! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Very creative, Linda! I absolutely adore the Christmas card!