Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Twofer Trees, plus Father's Day

Hey everyone - Happy Father's Day!! I had some time to create cards for this month's Twofer Card Challenge - yay! I'm doing really well at participating in this fun challenge. This time the team is looking for cards with trees. Remember, the duo has to use the same stamp and be for two different occasions.


I had a little shopping spree traveling between my house and my parents' house last week. I spotted a fabulous pine tree stamp and immediately had several ideas for it. Here's my twofer:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White & Poptone Black Licorice
Momenta Marbled Pastels
Stamps - Impression Obsession Pine Trees Cover-a-Card
Hero Arts June 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit - sold out (birds and sympathy sentiment); 
Paper Smooches All Year Cheer (birthday sentiment)
Dies - Tim Holtz butterflies; MFT Blueprints 13 and  20 (retired)
Other - Michael's gems; various Hero Arts & Distress inks, white EP

You can probably tell I masked off the rest of the stamp and just used the left portion to stamp my rainbow colors on the birthday card. I messed up a bit and didn't get the bottom as solid as I wanted, oh well. I still like how it turn out. I flipped the panel and stamped them coming from the other direction & then filled in between the colors (since stamped on white card) by sponging coordinating colors. I used the full stamp on the sympathy card (5.5 square).

And now for a threefer! When I started working with the tree stamp, I stamped this panel first. It had a tiny stain on the white so I went to the marbled blue paper to try again. After I stamped the birds in flight on that paper, I decided they would cover up the tiny stain on the original panel. It worked! So I thought a bit and decided to make a retirement card owed to my cousin. The little Adirondack chair from this month's MMH kit looked so cute and relaxing to me.


Finally, here are my two Father's Day cards for this year. One at left for Dad and one at right for an uncle by marriage who's been so dear to me. If you're celebrating with your family, as I will, have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  Paper - DCWV A2 cards; Authentique Pride C and 
Basic Grey Kelly Purkey Second City
Dies - MFT stitched rectangles and arrow; 
Hero Arts Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies
Cottage Cutz Hot Cocoa Cafe (steam coming from cup)
Stamps - Hero Arts CL498 Celebrate Everyday
CL335 Happy Day's Day - retired
Other - Copic Markers; Joy ultra thin foam tape

Thanks for stopping! I hope you'll check back tomorrow for another Merry Monday challenge!!

9 comments:

Betty said...

what a clever and creative way to use the tree on your rainbow card!

BożenA said...

One post and so many jewels, Linda! I love the first Twofer card, your rainbow made with the help of pine looks stunning !! It's really an amazing idea. And I like the second card, it's full of peace. The card for the pensioner is so perfect, the chair actually works very relaxing. The other cards for father's day are fantastic, perfect for this occasion.
Hugs,
BożenA

Sybrina K said...

Hi Linda! Oh my goodness, you've been busy! Between the cards you made with new stamp set and those great Father's Day cards, you've created an amazing collection of cards. And, thanks so much for the kind words you left when visiting my blog. :)

Lin said...

What a bonanza of cards today, Linda! Love your unique rainbow tree one especially! And that is the PERFECT retirement card!

Darnell said...

Oh, my, I do feel spoiled with a FIVEfer today, Linda! They are all stunning! I can see why you HAD to get that evergreen tree stamp! Both your versions of forest with the birds flying are sensational and I'm blown away by your creativity turning the tree tops into a pattern for a rainbow birthday card! No one would ever guess how you made that! I agree that the red Adirondack chair is super cute and relaxing! I love your sweet Father's Day cards, too, and I'm sure your Dad and Uncle will cherish them! Thank you so much for joining in Twofer Card Challenge #6! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous collection of cards, Linda ... all of them! Your two pine tree scenes are so calm and serene ... perfect for thoughts of sympathy ... and fabulous for a retirement with that cute chair for relaxing into! What a brilliant, bold and vibrant background you created for your unconventional card ... the delicate black butterfly pops wonderfully against it! Those Father's Day cards are so cute and fun ... sure to be loved and appreciated! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Carol L said...

You rocked the twofer challenge and then some with all of these wonderful cards! How VERY creative of you to mask the tree to create the rainbow background! Well done!

Rosemary said...

WOW!! you have been busy, linda! all your cards are fabulous! so incredibly clever the way you used your tree stamp on the rainbow card!

Greta said...

Super creative use of the trees stamp & such fun Father's Day card! I really love the retirement card--perfect for an Oregonian!