Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 16, 2018

One Last Masculine CAS

Back today with one last masculine card for this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge which runs until June 24th.


I started this card first when I read the challenge details on June 3rd. Then I got sidetracked by other things (a leadership workshop, a grad party, a picnic, my sisters arriving from AZ for a visit, & a few other cards). Finally got a chance to finish it - yay!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and Poptone Black Licorice
Die - Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags
Silhouette Design - Reindeer by Hero Arts
Stamps - Hero Arts CG466 Be Jolly (retired) and CM100 Christmas Messages
Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz Birch Trees 
Other - May Arts string twine; 
Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter Distress Stain and Pumice Stone & Black Soot ink;
Ranger Embossing Ink and silver EP

While watching TV and reading the challenge (I love to multitask), I glanced over at the Silhouette and spotted a bunch of cuts I made a few weeks ago. I like to cut a whole page of stuff on white cardstock and then color it when I have a chance. This reindeer image called to me so I colored him with Distress Stain. Once dry, I overstamped with a text & edged him a bit with ink. Thought he'd look great on the embossed birches with a sentiment star tag around his neck.

What a fun challenge - so glad I was able to play along! Hope to see you in the gallery too and thanks for stopping!!

8 comments:

Betty said...

this is the best one yet, Linda - love it!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow this is so cool, Linda! It's CAS masculine perfection! I love that you colored the reindeer with Distress Stain, stamped a text over it and edged him with ink. The birch embossed white background creates a snowy forest scene, keeping the card CAS.
Thank you so much for sharing 3 masculine cards (all different styles) with us at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic, Linda!! I love the distress color of the deer and the subtle stamping! It makes me think of a tin ornament! The embossed forest makes a perfect background! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Christmas!

Rosemary said...

another fabulous design, linda! you are totally rocking the challenge!!

Loll said...

Love all the details on this card Linda. The dry embossed birch tree background is gorgeous and adds lots of texture and depth. Colouring the reindeer and then stamping on top make it so special. And love the star sentiment around his neck. Fantastic design! Thanks so much for sharing three wonderful cards with us at CAS Christmas this month!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda the detail on this is amazing. I love the subtle embossed trees and the grey deer with the light touch of stamping. The outlining really makes him pop. Such a great masculine card. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Trina P. said...

Back with another beauty, Linda. Fantastic job colouring the deer... stamping on it afterwards gives a cool effect. The embossed birch tree background ads wonderful texture. Great card! Thank you for joining us again at CAS Christmas Masculine card challenge. x

Greta said...

Love how you colored & stamped on the deer! Everything about this card is just perfect, Linda!