Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

More cards with coloring

Hi all - I made a few more cards for Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Card 1 uses some bits I colored earlier this month; card 2 combines stamping, doodling and watercoloring.

fireplace scene
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Mocha layering paper, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
My Mind's Eye Wood Designer and Basic Grey 6x6 patterned paper
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide Inks - Broken China, Fired Brick, Cracked Pistachio
Stamps - Hero Arts CM153 Welcome Home
Dies - Hero Arts DI198 Rectangle Infinity Dies, DI372 Welcome Home Frame Cuts
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape

Do you like my "art" above the fireplace? I had made a tag with smooshed Distress Oxide inks, then die cut a rectangle out of the bottom part. I framed my art by die cutting a frame using some more of the rectangle dies. I even signed it - LOL.

bear birthday
Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz watercolor paper; Hero Arts Pool (lightest) and Foliage (Pine) layering papers
Inks - various Distress Inks and  markers, watercolors
Stamps - Hero Arts CL753 What a Guy & CL661 It's Your Day (sentiment)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13, 20

I was inspired by this post of Sandy Allnock on the A Blog Named Hero 5th Anniversary Blog Hop. She used clear stamps for do-it-yourself color layering. I had done it with cling stamps but hadn't tried it with clear ones until now. I needed a masculine birthday card so decided to try this technique for the bear, tree and fish images. My friend Chris likes to fish so I think he'll appreciate this card.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping and I hope you're having a crafty week!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Two fab cards, Linda! Love your cozy living room scene with the abstract art above the fireplace! And the birthday card is perfect for a guy! Love that scene too!

Rosemary said...

oh wow!!! both cards are so amazing!! the little scene you created for the first one is too cute!! you really nailed that technique on the second card!!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB designs!

Greta said...

You make great scenes, Linda! I really love the masculine BD card--just wonderful!`