Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Final day of Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Hi all - it's Day 30, the final day of Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge! Kathy has been such an inspiration to me since 2009 when I joined the Hero Arts Flickr Group (we were both Hero Hostesses; she was a few years early than I). Her coloring skills rock and I've learned so much from her - even though I have a long ways to go to perfect my coloring!! Here are my final bits of coloring from Days 24 - 30 (I quickly did today's panel this morning but it needs more work....):

30 Day Coloring Days 24 to 30
Supplies: Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kits March 2016 (floral coloring cards by Marianne) 
and December 2016 (party images I stamped)
Copic Markers and Crayola pencils

On the bottom left panel I used B04 Copic for the background and tried Kathy's rag technique with the colorless toner - my rag, though, was a paper towel. Doesn't really do the job right but, hey, I was in a hurry. I needed a sympathy card for a chorus friend who lost her dad unexpectedly; he lived way over in Finland so it was especially hard for her. I used some of the Altenew bits I colored earlier this month and put together this card:

Sympathy with floral sprigs Sympathy card inside
Supplies: Neenah card stock (green & Solar White); Graphic 45 patterned paper
Dies - Spellbinders S4-425 Nestabilities Elegant Ovals; MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 20
Stamps - Altenew Floral Sprig and Floral Frame (with matching dies); 
Hero Arts CM124 Color Layering Fuschia (front sentiment) and CL577 Remember (inside sentiment)

This afternoon I went to a dance studio in a southwestern suburb to made a video of chorus choreography with my team mate, JoAnn. The studio has mirrors so JoAnn set up the camera such that the chorus members can see the two of us (I'm stage left and she's stage right) from the back and also the front, via the mirrors. We made videos of two songs we'll perform on our show May 21st. We had fun at the studio, then went out for a late lunch.

Hope you're having a great day and thanks for stopping by!!


2 comments:

Rosemary said...

beautiful coloring, linda!! the sympathy card is just gorgeous!!

Greta said...

You've sure made great use of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge! The sympathy card is wonderful, Linda!