Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

More Bells

Hi everyone! I had a bit of time yesterday afternoon so I made another quick card for this week's Merry Monday challenge to use bells. The Tim Holtz die I used on my first card had two kinds of bells so I had two sets of each from my cuts. I decided to make a card using the two jingle bells I had cut since some of the Design Team members had gone with jingle bells. Here's my card:

Jolly Bells
Supplies: Paper - Anchor Paper silver (for card base), BoBunny Tis the Season 6x6 (snowflake patterned), 
Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft Stockthe Paper Studio glitter , scrap of black
Dies - Tim Holtz Christmas Bells 658765 (retired), MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (stitched & scalloped rectangles)
Ribbon - Tim Holtz Tinsel twine
Stamps - Hero Arts CL620 JollyCL354 Let the Angels Sing (retired)
Ink - Black Soot Distress ink, Ranger Archival Garden Patina by Wendy Vecchi
Other - foam tape, Peacock Feathers Distress Marker, Copic Markers C1 & C3 for shading

I had some turquoise stuff out from last week's Merry Monday so decided to use them. The Garden Patina ink I used to stamp the JOLLY looked a bit light so I outlined it with a Distress Marker and shaded around it with the Copics. That ended up being all my "coloring" for Day 20 of Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge! I went to chorus rehearsal after finishing this card and by the time I got home, I wasn't in the mood to do any more coloring. I did a little better today, coloring a quartet of Christmas stockings for a future Christmas card.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping! Beautiful sunny day here so I'm out to enjoy it!!

8 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Love the Silver Bells! (Now guess what tune is already playing in my mind!?!) LOL Pretty card!

Rosemary said...

another fantastic take on the merry Monday challenge, linda!! I really like how you outlined the word!!

Cindy C. said...

Delightful indeed!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card and love those bells and the turquoise. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! I like the colors!

Jean said...

The turquoise and silver are oh so festive!

Notes by Nina said...

So elegant, I love the colours. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Greta said...

Love the trim, glittery panel & how you outlined the word--fabulous card, Linda!