Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 5, 2016

Merry Monday is back!



Happy Labor Day in the USA! Merry Monday returns today from the summer off - yay! Deanne challenges us to use only gold/black/white on your Christmas card - what an elegant combination. I love her inspiration photo!

As usual I immediately had one idea, only to go in a different direction once I started digging through my stash. I was looking for an ornament die cut when I ran into a sentiment die by Sizzix that I got on sale at Hobby Lobby. Then I found an errant embossing folder in the die cut drawer - a lovely woodgrain by Darice that I thought would give nice texture behind the sentiment.

Here's my card:
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White, DCWV foil, Anchor Paper black
Dies - Sizzix 660662; My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle)
Embossing Folder - Darice Woodgrain; Other - foam tape

How appropriate that I'd use Blueprints 20 on a Deanne challenge - she inspired me to buy that set with her beautiful cards using it. I now own a bunch of Blueprints but I seem to go to 20 quite often. I die cut the stitched rectangle after I embossed the woodgrain which really softened the texture. Perfect for popping my sentiment panel on top.

The summer passed too quickly for my taste but I love fall with all the beautiful colors we'll get on the trees in Minnesota. If you're in the US, hope you're enjoying the holiday! Happy crafting and thanks for stopping!!

12 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful card Linda - so classy - love it - and what a great die to have!

Lin said...

That sentiment die couldn't be more perfect for this challenge, Linda - great call!

Bonnie said...

WOW! Linda, you have outdone yourself! I LOVE that sentiment die and it is perfect on the woodgrain background! Hmmm. May have to go looking for that die! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Bonnie - I added the link to the die - Simon Says Stamp carries it.

Linda said...

Linda, what a beautiful sentiment die. Your card is just fabulous.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow, Linda, your card is just amazing! Love the gold die cut and elegant layout! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Linda! I love the soft look of the embossed woodgrain for your background, and that die cut is just gorgeous! I think I might need to go shopping too! Lovely, lovely card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Mondays! :0)

Greta said...

So elegant & beautiful, Linda!

Notes by Nina said...

Striking card Linda, the gold looks so elegant against the black. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Rosemary said...

your card is just gorgeous, linda!!

Susan Joyce said...

Linda, I love the die cut and your beautiful CAS design. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous, elegant card, Linda! The sentiment looks stunning in gold against the black background!Love the texture of the woodgrain too! In the last week autumn seems to have suddenly arrived with lots of leaves changing colour and we've had a bit of a drop in temperatures too - brrr!