Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Inspiration Photo Challenge at Merry Monday


Photo Source




Hi all - it's a gorgeous day in Minnesota and time to check for another Merry Monday challenge. This week, Debbie challenges us with a beautiful inspiration photo. If you go to the photo source link, you can find oodles of other decorating ideas for Christmas. I usually don't go this fancy for my holiday dining but I certainly enjoy how gorgeous this dining room looks!! I just love all the red and white but can you imagine trying to keep those chairs clean?!

Great colors for a card though - here's what I created:


Peace snowflake
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White card stock and red vellum, Hero Arts glittered vellum, DCWV glitter
Other - Michael's Reflection gems, Doodlebug enamel dot; Darice striped embossing folder, foam tape

I started out embossing a piece of red vellum with a striped folder. The vellum came in a package of several colors which I bought at Walmart. The vellum tore along some of the embossed stripes so I decided to go with it and tore it into more strips. I used them to make a background on my card. To soften it and make my sentiment pop, I added the glitter speckled vellum. To hide the glue at the top, I added another bit of the torn vellum - looks a bit pinky in the photo but it's a true red. After die cutting the snowflake I popped it with foam tape and added the embellishments. I started with a Merry I had previously die cut in the red glitter paper but it was too delicate, ripping as I tried to adhere it. I then used Peel 'N Stick on a white card behind the red glitter paper and die cut the Peace. The die was out from a previous project so I went with it, rather than looking for my Merry die. 

Hopefully this doesn't look too much like a circus tent - LOL! Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!

17 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, a circus tent never came to mind...until you mentioned it and then it was quickly discarded. Your card is GORGEOUS. I love those bold colors and your entire card design. It might have to be cased! It's definitely going to be pinned. You've inspired me to play along this week.

Betty said...

right in there with another wonderful card Linda - the stripes are great behind that pretty glittery vellum!

Bonnie said...

A perfect example of going with the flow, Linda! I LOVE how this turned out! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Barb said...

Love the vellum overlay, Linda, and that big snowflake is so pretty! Beautiful card!

Karen L K said...

Your card looks really nice with the nice background and the vellum over it! The sparkly greeting is nice too.

Dawn T said...

Totally gorgeous Linda. The elegance is outstanding.

Jean said...

Your choices are just perfect - color, shapes, textures! Lovely card!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Linda.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Linda, what a fabulous design! The torn paper behind the vellum is genius! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...what a GORGEOUS card Linda! Love that it's so CAS and yet so many layers of goodness to it! Those torn stripes under the vellum is genius, and I love the large snowflake with the red center on top...beautiful, beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Mondays! :0)

Donna Schnees said...

Love the vellum, it softens the tone of the card so the red is not overpowering. Love it!!

AlisonC said...

No nothing like a circus tent, just bright and cheerful. Vellum always looks so classy and I live the gold specks.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the vellum overlay and your pretty snowflake. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

JosieD said...


Love the look of the torn vellum and the stripes against the snowflake. Very unique....

Linda said...

Beautiful with that vellum overlay and pretty snowflake. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Greta said...

One of my favorite cards, Linda--gorgeous! Every time I emboss vellum it seems to tear, but you turned that problem into the perfect background!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh wow what a gorgeous and creative card, Linda! Loved reading about how you created it and no, it doesn't look like a circus tent:)