Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Merry Monday - Sentiment in the Spotlight

Merry Monday, everyone, and the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge blog is back to weekly challenges after a summer of doing two week one. This week, Kathy wants us to let the sentiment be the focal point of the card. See the details and all the great design team cards here!

I was excited to get an order with some Simon Says Stamp Stamptember products, including the exclusive Enchanted Snowflakes set - love this! I knew the ornament with the lovely Merry Christmas flowing through it would be perfect for this challenge. Here's my card:


I stamped the A2 card base (medium shade from Hero Arts Sea Mix set) with SSS Falling Snow tone-on-tone so hard to see. I die cut the ornament and smeared Candy Cane Stickles on it and colored the hanger with bronze Distress Stain. The pine branch is from Impression Obsession, cut from green card stock and embellished with stickles and a Ground Espresso Distress marker. I was hoping the SSS circles would include one that matched this ornament - no such luck! I had to try for the right size on my Silhouette - was a bit off but used it anyway, just trimmed off the excess.

So that's my card for today - thanks for stopping and have a Merry Monday!

11 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Merry Monday, Linda! This is such a wonderful Christmas card! The sparkling bauble is so pretty and I love the way you've hung it on the gorgeous pine branch!

Susan Joyce said...

Loving your Christmas Ornament and the way you pieced it together. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Linda. Lovely card..

Unknown said...

I love your card Linda, that bauble is stunning.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous ornament Linda. Beautiful card.

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, this card is simply gorgeous!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful ornament hanging from the pine branches and love the color blue you used on the background. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Diana K said...

Totally fabulous and totally perfect for this challenge!

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful use of the ornament die Linda (it's on my wish list), and I love the touch of pine. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, the ornament is fabulous. Thanks for joining us for Merry Monday.

Greta said...

Love that ornament--I need to order some of their new goodies! Perfect for the challenge!