Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hello duo and a laundry "helper"

Happy Sunday everyone - it's Labor Day weekend and we could hope for a better weather day! It's been raining (or should I say storming) off and on all morning. I went to get gas and lightening struck so close to the station that their power went out for a sec and their system went down. Needless to say I didn't fill up at that moment!!

A couple weeks ago my friend Jayne and I meet Betty for lunch. See Betty's post about it here. Dear Betty brought us some goodies in a yummy bag with a card - thanks again, Betty!! Oh, oh - reminds me, I owe her a thank you card! I made her a card and an ATC so I thought I'd share them today:

Hello duo

I used an old favorite cling stamp by Hero Arts called the Friend Definition, for the little rectangle on the card at left and as the background on the kraft ATC. Both got a "hello" die using a newer Hero Arts Stamp & Cut set DC151 Hello - just love these sets!! The "friend" stamp is from the Hero Arts w/Studio Calico clear set 331234 Oh, Snap - the sentiment is Hello, Friend but I cut off the Hello, - LOL. The card got some branches from Hero Arts Spring Branch fancy die and the ATC got a butterfly from the Color Layering Butterflies die set.

I'm doing the usual Sunday chores including grocery shopping and the dreaded laundry. Today though, I have a little laundry "helper" - my brother's cat Misty. Misty wasn't too interested in yesterday's crafting but she was quite delighted to jump into the laundry basket! At least she waited until I took the dried laundry out of it!! I once had a cat who's favorite spot was on top of the freshly dried laundry - ugh, the cat hair! So here's sweet Misty in the basket:

Misty does laundry

I also once had a cat who like to help me make the bed with freshly washed sheets. She would dive under the top sheet when I shook it out over the bed! Made a lovely bump as I tried to spread it out!! Thankfully Misty was off to her favorite spot in the window during the bed-making operation.

Well, I'd better head off to make that overdue thank you card for Betty!! Then I hope to have time to play with some new Hero Arts Christmas stuff that came in the mail on Friday. Thanks for stopping and enjoy the Labor Day weekend!!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Lovely card and ATC Linda. What fun to meet up with Betty and Jayne

Betty said...

i have your cards on display in my crafting area - and meeting you and Jayne was the best ever!