Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Hero Hostess Week Finale

We've come to the final day of the Hero Hostess Take-over on the Hero Arts Blog.  And it ended on a high when my Irish friend Heather featured her gorgeous vellum flower and butterflies on some gift wrap.  Truly inspiring!  I swear I'll try it for a special gift someday - maybe for my mother.  Mom's the type to carefully unwrap a gift and extract it, then wrap it back up to its original state!  She did this with a Mother's Day gift we gave her one time - that perfectly re-wrapped box sat in the living room corner for about a year!!

My favorite gift to give these days is the boring GIFT CARD!  Just have to think which places the recipient likes, pick one up and pop it inside a greeting card and I'm done!  Bad, aren't I?  While we were on the cruise one of the kids turned 13 (I call him my nephew but he's really my BIL's grandson from another marriage).  Had to give him cash - yikes!  And sorry I forgot to photograph his card but he loved it.  I used a bicycle from Hero Arts and put some birthday balloons coming off it as others in our HA Flickr group have done.

Here's a birthday card I whipped up tonight after work. 


Just had to try a vellum butterfly and I had a scrap of this really thick vellum that was just the right size for the Hero Arts Heart Winged Butterfly, an old fave.  I was lucky enough to get that stamp along with some other products when I was a new Hero Club member back in '09.  I was so excited to get that package!!  But I digress... Got a bit too close with the heating tool and the vellum began to bubble up like someone blowing a bubble - yikes!  Moved the tool away quickly and the bubble went away - weird.  Other Hero Arts stamps used - Large Fabric Design, Happy Definition, and the Large Happy Birthday (vintage 1995 but new to me).  Used a Hero Arts carnation folded card - love these cards with their slight shimmer and white insides.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Barb said...

This one's a beauty, Linda! Love that color and the pretty lace! So fun to see the Heart Winged Butterfly too! I also get those bubbles when heating vellum. . .always makes me jump in my chair. . .Have a great weekend, my friend! :)

Dawn T said...

What a hoot about your vellum Linda. Lovely card. Such a pretty colour

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous card and color! I really like how big and the fancy script on that sentiment!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Linda, what a fun week its been, so exciting to be featured on the blog!!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Linda! The colours are beautiful and I love your bg! The vellum butterfly looks so pretty embossed in these colours and with the heart pearls! Thanks for the mention, it was such a fun week!

I go with gift cards or cash for kids around that age and I think they love it rather than me picking out something lol!