Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 25, 2018

Merry Monday #296 - Rustic

Hi everyone - Nina hosts Challenge #296 to create a rustic Christmas card this week at Merry Monday. Watch for a big announcement at the end of this post!


I went with the "countryside" definition of rustic and created a snowy scene with some deer and trees atop a mat of what I consider a rustic patterned paper with lots of wood planks. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
BoBunny Altitude and Merry & Bright 6x6 pads; 
DCWV A2 card; scrap of wood plank paper (for the star)
Dies - Tim Holtz Winter Wonderland
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 
and some other set for the star button (both retired) 
Lawn Fawn Forest Border
Other - ultra thin foam squares); C03 Copic Marker; Icy Stickles
Memento Tuxedo Black ink; May Arts string twine

I covered an A2 card with a piece from the BoBunny Altitude paper. Next I die cut the deer trio from a piece of the Merry & Bright paper. The die set also includes the snowy sky so I cut it into a piece of white card which I then cut with a stitched rectangle. I cut another piece of white with the tree border and then cut it with the same rectangle die and layered. Shaded a bit with a Copic, then stamped the sentiment and adhered the deer (some ultra thin foam used). Stickles may not be rustic but I couldn't resist adding them to my row of trees. I die cut several of the star buttons (from a retired Blueprints set, not sure which one) from brown card, layered them and then topped with one cut from wood plank paper. Threaded with string twine & adhered with a glue dot - done!

Be sure to check out all the rustic goodness by the Design Team, plus challenge details HERE!

And now for the BIG Announcement: Originally, the Merry Makers were only taking a summer break for July and August. Lesley, the challenge creator, has decided to close the challenge as soon as this week's winners are announced. So, this is my LAST Merry Monday post. Boo Hoo!! Sad news and I will miss creating with the talented Design Team that has included me as a guest since the 9/4/17 post. Thanks to Lesley and Lori and all the rest for the opportunity!! Before being on the DT, I'd played at Merry Monday since January 2015 and have met so many wonderful crafters as a result. I'm sure I'll be checking in at their blogs as much as I can.

Thanks for stopping by and for your interest in Merry Monday! I'll be out there playing in other Christmas card challenges, such as CAS Christmas, since I can't seem to get my cards made without them! Hope to see you in Blogland - cheers!!

14 comments:

Betty said...

the dark wood plank paper is such a great contrast for the white clean scene - sorry to see MM go - will have to look for another Christmas challenge.

Jean said...

A wonderful rustic card!

Leanne said...

I love the embossing folder and the scene, great card. It has been my pleasure to be on the team with you. Hugs, L:)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful and rustic. Love the scene you created. I have enjoyed being on the MM design team with you.

Rosemary said...

wonderful take on the inspiration photo, linda! i'm so sad that merry monday is ending... you have done an amazing job as a designer!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such a pretty rustic scenery Linda and thanks for being a teammate!

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love this! Such a beautiful scene! I love the neutral background! I've enjoyed being teamies together!❤❤❤

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Linda. What a shame the challenge is closing. You will miss taking part in this.

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous Christmas card Linda, perfect for the challenge. It's been great having you as a team mate, all the best for the future.

Marcia Hill said...

Another FABULOUS card Linda!! Your rustic scene is just lovely...I really like the deer with their coats covered in snowflakes! It has been a joy working alongside you for almost a year now Linda, and I will definitely miss our weekly challenges! Hope to see you in blogland and keep making those beautiful Christmas cards!! :0)

Greta said...

I just love the look of the darker paper behind your mostly white panel--gorgeous card, Linda! I used to play at MM a lot & always sad when a challenge closes.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Linda, the wintry scene you have created is delightful. It has been lovely creating with you on Merry Monday, all the best in for the future.

Cindy C. said...

Love your take on the rustic Christmas theme! It's so beautiful!

Linda said...

Linda, lovely wintery, rustic scene. It's been great being on the MM design team with you.