Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 18, 2018

Merry Monday #295 - Inspiration Photo

Merry Monday everyone! This week Marcia hosts Challenge #295 with a yummy inspiration photo.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice;
Michael's green; Studio Calico Magical; 
Teresa Collins Santa's List; My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side
Stamps - Art C Mason Jar Stamp and Die; Taylored Expressions Many Minis - Holiday
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Circle Infinity Dies; Our Daily Bread Mini Tags
Impression Obsession Pine Branch
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; May Arts ribbon and string twine

Went a bit too literal but definitely wanted to do a jar with peppermints. Then the wood plank background drew me although I went with a different type of wood. I have several jar stamps with dies but bought a new one on a BOGO sale at Michael's. This set has a cute label with an embossing layer but instead I went with a little tag for my sentiment. Couldn't cover up all my peppermints now, could I?! I included the piece of peppermint paper to show I die cut them right from the paper, using a slightly smaller circle to better fit in my jar. So fun and easy.

What draws you in the inspiration photo? Can't wait to see your creation! Please head over to Merry Monday to check all the challenge details and fabulous inspiration from the Design Team. Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

You all are making me wish I used a jar! LOL! Great job on the challenge!

Cindy C. said...

Sweet!!! The wood grain background and pine branches perfect setting for that jar of candies!!!

Jean said...

A great take on the inspiration. I love that rustic background!

Betty said...

you used the inspiration photo to perfection, Linda!

!neke said...

This is really SWEET !!!!

Leanne said...

Awesome stamp, great idea too with that wood grain paper.
Way to go! Hugs, L:)

Rosemary said...

Another fabulous card for Merry Monday, Linda! When are they going to make you a permanent part of the design team?

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Linda. Love your jar of sweets. Plus the background is amazing.

Linda said...

Linda, great rustic card. Hope you are having a great week.

Nancy K said...

Beautiful card, Linda! I love this rustic, woodsy design!

JoAnn said...

Love your card Linda. That jar is so cute. I too punch my peppermints from DSP. Love your choice of pattern paper too.
Have a great weekend.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh my goodness! Christmas? I was hoping to get started early this year . . . sadly not! This one is great! Sorry I haven't been around much of late, I don't know where all the time goes? Have a lovely Sunday Linda my friend! Hazel xx

Karen L K said...

Fun Linda! Such nice elements to your card. I always love wood backgrounds and the jar of peppermints and pine boughs look great on it.

Greta said...

Great design, Linda!