Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 4, 2018

Merry Monday #293 - Angels

Merry Monday to you and welcome to Challenge #293! Linda would like to see an angel on your Christmas card this week.


Supplies: Paper - Michael's snowflake printed A2 card; BoBunny Snowfall;
Carta Bella So This is Christmas; Tim Holtz Metallic kraft; Paper Studio brown
Die - My Favorite Things Die-Namics JOY
Other - Hero Arts sequins; Paper Studio Angel sticker; Tea Dye Distress Ink

I love angels but I don't have much angel stuff in my stash. This lead me to shopping at Hobby Lobby where I found some pretty angel stickers. The package has three different layered angel labels with loads of gold foil but not really Christmas-y. No worries - I chose one with blue to coordinate with some pretty BoBunny snowflake paper. The browns in the paper paired with a brown music paper looked so pretty with the angel. I cut a brown JOY to layer as a shadow behind a JOY cut from two layers of gold foil. The angel sticker came with several layers of foam tape - I carefully peeled off the back layer since I thought it was too thick. A few sequins and done!

I think my neighbor Brenda will end up with this card - she adores angels! Can't wait to see your angel creation!! Be sure to check out all the challenge details and link-up HERE, as well as amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team! Thanks for stopping!!

14 comments:

Betty said...

great idea to use a sticker for your angel and what a pretty one it is - music background is perfect!!

Jean said...

Terrific combination of papers, shine/shimmer and the angel label!

Linda said...

What a lovely layered card. Very pretty, Linda Hope you have a great week.

Bonnie said...

This is such an elegant angel, Linda! I love the vintage look of this card!

JoAnn said...

So pretty Linda. I love the angel sticker. I forgot I have some of those also. I got them because I thought they were very pretty.
Have a great week.

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous Chr4istmas card Linda, love the Angel sticker!

Cindy C. said...

It's gorgeous Linda! These vintage looking stickers are a great find, and you've used it so beautifully!! Think I am to CASE it.

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous, linda!!

Leanne said...

Awesome paper and the joy is a nice added touch with that pretty Angel! Great Card!

Greta said...

What a find, Linda--gorgeous card!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Linda! Your angel and the papers and sequins all come together so wonderfully...LOVE it!! Hope you're having a great week! :0)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

This is such a pretty card and love the addition of the sequins!

ElizStewart said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the colours and papers.