Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Merry Elephant

Happy Friday - I'm back with another card for Heather's challenge to me this week. Challenge is to use a non-Christmas stamp for your Christmas card. As I was flipping through my stamps sets on Monday, I considered using the elephant in the sweet Avery Elle "Ellie" set but moved on to make a chair card (see it here). Every time I passed my crafty space this week, I was drawn to that elephant image. Here's what I created with it today:

Merry elephant
Supplies: Stamps: Hero Arts G5805 Shari's Tree No. 3; CL802 Christmas Crystals (sentiment);
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection CMS237 Crazy Things (present & Santa hat); Avery Elle ST-15-09 Ellie
Paper - Neenah Solar White; Hero Arts Azure; Authentique Cozy 6x6
Copic Markers; Fired Brick Distress Ink
Dies: My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 & Double-Stitched Rectangles; 
Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes (star & large rectangle)

I started by stamping the Santa hat, masked it and then stamped the elephant, masked him and then stamped the present. Colored the final image with Copic markers and fussy cut it. Popped it with foam tape on the layered rectangles. I stamped the tree on the pale blue rectangle and colored with Copics. Unfortunately the Authentique paper wasn't Copic friendly so there was a bit of bleeding but I was fine with it.

While I was at it, I made a few more chair cards. I used Authentique Cozy papers on these and the sentiment is from Hero Arts/Studio Calico clear set 331232 Spread Joy. Otherwise the supplies were as shown on my other chair card.

Warm wishes chairs

I like these versions but still like the original the best. I challenged Heather to make a one-layer card. See my sample card here. Can't wait to see what she creates!

Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

Lin said...

You are on a roll, Linda, this is too cute! Just love your idea! Well done!

Betty said...

that elephant is the cutest ever - hi love how he's putting the star on the tree!!

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Linda, you have made the most wonderful Christmas cards for this challenge!! Your first card is absolutely adorable! I love the way you have the super cute little elephant perched on the present to put the star on the tree! Another two fab Santa chair cards! I haven't used that chair stamp in years but will be pulling it out again this year to CASE your cards - love them!