Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Heather's Challenge 3 - Use a non-Christmas image

Hello everyone! My friend Heather threw a curve ball today in our little summer of Christmas challenges! She challenged me to use a non-Christmas image as the focal point to a Christmas card. Hmmmm - what to do?....

We often do Scrambles (timed challenges) on the Hero Arts Flickr Group. I've learned to grab what's near and go with it. Today I had a stack of non-Christmas stuff still sitting around from Kathy's 30-day Coloring Challenge and I found a fun retired Hero Arts set I thought would be perfect. The set features chairs and other living room furniture and the biggest chair reminded me of a Santa chair! Can you tell I've been watching too many Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel this month?! Here's my card:

Christmas chair
Supplies: All Stamps by Hero Arts - CL480 Wish You Were Here (chair); CL368 Create Your Own Snowman (Santa hat); CL906 Color Layering Dimensional Bird (sentiment)
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Black Soot, Fired Brick)
Paper - Hero Arts Punch Layering Paper; Authentique Festive 6x6 paper pad
Other: Copic Markers
Dies: My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints20 & Double Stitched Rectangles

Thanks for the super fun challenge, Heather! See my challenge to her from earlier today (sorry for two posts in one day!!). Have a crafty week!!

4 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, sorry about the challenge but you did a brilliant job! I just LOVE Santa's chair (would love one like that for myself at Christmas:)) with his hat and they look great framed with the music background! I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do with your challenge:)

Lin said...

You got a home run on this assignment, Linda! What a great card!

Betty said...

how fun Linda - great card for your challenge!

Dawn T said...

totally awesome Linda. Very cleverly done.