Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Christmas in July Challenge 3 - One layer card

Wow - it's time for Christmas Challenge #3 to my friend Heather already! We are adding to our Christmas card stash this summer by challenging each other to make various themed Christmas cards.

Challenge 3 - Create a one layer Christmas card

Here's my card:

Winter Wishes poinsettia
Supplies: Stamps (all Hero Arts) - CG222 Music Background; CL796 Peace Poinsettias; DC113 Let it Snow Stamp&Cut. Retired from Hero Arts' shop but all available at Simon Says Stamp and probably other sites. 
Other - Copics; Stickles; Distress Inks; Distress Paints; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Process:
Cut a 4.25x5.5 white panel.
Stamp the poinsettia with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
Mask the flower and stamp the leaves (same ink). Using the MISTI made it so easy!!
Mask the flower and leaves, then stamp the musical background with Twisted Citron Distress Ink.
Once dry, sponge the background with Old Paper Distress Ink.
Add splatters of Picket Fence Distress Paint (I blotted any large splatters into blotches).
Remove mask & dry panel thoroughly (I left mine overnight).
Stamp the sentiment with Black Soot Distress Ink.
Color the flower and leaves with Copic markers of choice.
Ink the panel edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.
Add Stickles to flower berries.
Adhere panel to an A2 top folding card base; I didn't stamp directly onto a card base since I knew I'd need to cover up the Copic bleed through - is that cheating for a one-layer? So be it!

Merry Monday had a one-layer challenge earlier this year and I hated my card! I'm hoping I redeemed myself with this one and am adding it to Lori's summer link up. The Merry Makers will be back with new challenges in September.

Hope Heather (and anyone else who wants to play) enjoys this challenge. Happy crafting and thanks for visiting!


7 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful card !!!!!!!
Love the colors you used !

Ineke x

Betty said...

another lovely card Linda - maybe i'll have a go at creating with you this week as i haven't made a christmas card in a long time.

stampingandstitching said...

Fantastic one layer card, Linda! Love your design and mix of images! Beautiful colouring and inking too! I think this is going to be the most challenging of challenges for me - thanks for putting it up to me to do it:)

Lin said...

Such a pretty combination - love that music background!!

Cat Craig said...

Love this vintage-y look Linda. Lovely card.

Linda said...

This is so pretty. Love the music sheet background and the beautiful poinsettia. Thanks for joining us for Christmas In Summer Link Up

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Gorgeous poinsettia and wonderful background!! Thanks so much for linking up to Merry Monday's Christmas in July!