Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Happy World Card Making Day 2026!!

Hi crafty friends & Happy WCMD!! Today at Craft Roulette's YouTube Channel, they have a WCMD event with 13 guests! It started at 11:45 Central Time and will run for several hours; check it out HERE if interested. It's hosted by Mary Gunn and Amanda Stevens (‪@PearBlossomPress‬) who were also on Episode #339 last night. The parameters for the episode & for the WCMD event are the same - only one regular entry per person. It's free to submit - go to Craft Roulette.Live for info. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Recollections A2 cards (navy & yellow);
various cardstock scraps
Dies - My Favorite Things Yellow Submarine;
Birch Press Design Corner Waves
(retired at BPD but available HERE at SSS)
Stencils - Emily Moore Confetti
Other - white, silver & gold gel pens;
various inks for stenciling

I wasn't able to watch the Live last night since I was helping my dad & sister. When I got home this morning, though, I checked the parameters. Here's what the roulette wheel spun for us; four parameters are mandatory but anything goes for additions! 


  • Project - Card On A Card: I added a mini-card to an A2.
  • Colors - Celebration: I used bright blue, pink, orange & yellow which are celebratory, according to Google.
  • Element - Water(s)(ing): I used die cut waves.
  • Random - Confetti: I stenciled confetti to the upper portion of the A2.

I quickly made my card - just a bunch of die cutting & assembling. When I saw the water parameter, I pulled out a BPD wave die set and cut from several colors. Added the waves to a stitched rectangle. 

Next I die cut some foliage and added to the card bottom. Adhered the card to an A2 navy card base. Next I die cut the submarine, leaving the top above the fold of a yellow card base. This formed my submarine mini- card. Die cut the details & added to the submarine.

Next I die cut some fish, adding the mini fish behind the submarine card & the bigger one to a wave. Hand wrote a sentiment inside the sub, then will finish off the A2 card inside later. Glued the sub to the card & done! Here's a photo of the sub mini-card open:


I will add this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge #91 since the sub & fish are getting first play here. I've had both sets for a loooong time so I'm glad to use them finally!

Hope this card brings a smile! Thanks for visiting & have a crafty WCMD!!


2 comments:

Jean said...

Super cute card - fun colors and lots of energy!

Lisa Elton said...

Your little yellow submarine is adorable! What a fun card, Linda!