Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 6, 2021

May Card Chain Reveal

Hey there - Oops, past time for another reveal of cards going 'round the world in the Card Chain Challenge - we had 30 people play in May. You can see the entire chain HERE. My card went all the way to New Zealand to my Die Cut Diva teamie and all around great friend, Dawn (Dawn's World). Sadly, she's still waiting for it to arrive....**Update - she finally received it June 14th - yay!!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Paper Studio blue
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Little Critters &
A Few Phrases (heart)
Hero Arts Color Layering Water Lilies (sentiment) - retired
Stencil - CAS-ual Fridays Tin Roof
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape;
Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink;
Versamark Ink; Seafoam White ep

I used the colors, sketch, and theme of friendship:





The cute little penguin stamp came to me as part of a curated set for Taylored Expressions' online crafty session Stamp Joy 2021. I attended both the Friday and Saturday events and had a great time! We can't share the class content but we used the penguin on a window card (he comes from a set of critters linked in the supply list). Decided he would be darling in my trio of circles and why not color him in blues??

I created a mini slimline card from cornflower blue card stock. Next I die cut three circles lined up perfectly on a white panel. I used the negative to aid in placing my sentiment & the circles onto the card. Stamped and embossed the sentiment, then stenciled the pattern along the left edge. Stamped and colored a penguin on each circle, then popped onto the card through the negative guide. Decided to add a little heart so stamped that last, carefully covering the rest of the card. I'm prone to getting stray marks and in fact had gotten one on my first card base while stenciling!! Had to start over there....oh well. Otherwise the card came together quickly - good thing since I made it on the day it needed to go into the mail.

This beauty from Dee in Kenya will find its way to me; mail service has been slow but I'll be delighted when it arrives! **Update - I received this gorgeous card (the photo doesn't do it justice; the background it amazing) on June 12 - thanks so much Dee!!



I totally forgot to publish this post for the typical reveal date of the 2nd, oh well. And sign-up for the June challenge already ended today. Check back at The Card Chain Challenge if you wish to sign up to a future exchange; the July sign-up should open tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting and have a crafty day!!



10 comments:

Dawn T said...

it is so beautiful Linda. I can't wait till the card arrives. Take care

Betty said...

those little penguins peeking out are darling - and you know me and penguins:-)

papierelle said...

Your card is lovely and funny and nice how you implemented the sketch and color challenge.

HilaryJane said...

I looked for this card last Wednesday, I am so glad you have posted it now. What a good idea to use that little bird, he is so cute. i am sure it will arrive eventually and Dawn will love it xx

CinnamonSally said...

I am sure Dawn will love your card , its so cute Linda!! Thanks for the tips with the various challenges too!

Rosemary said...

oh what a cute card, linda! hopefully dawn will get it soon!

Jules said...

Hi Linda

A great take on the sketch .. .. and I love that little penguin very much!

I think overseas post is taking a lifetime to arrive. We received a Christmas Card from South Africa the other week which was meant to have arrived for Christmas 2020.

Many thanks for your lovely comment on my Kickstart card. That was really kind.

Love Jules xx

Jean said...

An adorable friendship card. Terrific design!

Greta said...

Oh too cute & great use of the colors & sketch, Linda! A beauty from Dee that I know you'll enjoy whenever it arrives!

Jeanne H said...

Your card is adorable!