Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Hello Friend Mini Slimline

Happy Wednesday - another day over 90F so a hot one for us! But I had a chance to meet a card-making friend in person for the first time and do a little shopping & lunching - what a great time!! I met Jeanne (Reba Li Creates), a regular participant in The Card Chain Challenge, at Anchor Paper in Plymouth MN. I took her this card, whipped up at 6:30am:


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Sunshine Layering Paper (retired);
Momenta Watercolor; Paper Studio blue & orange;
Doodlebug patterned
Dies - Momenta Nested Rectangles
Sunny Studio Chloe Alphabet
freebie from Simply Cards & Papercrafts (Butterfly)
Stamps - Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages
Other - Honey Bee gem; Hero Arts ink

Anchor Paper has a fabulous clearance room and I picked up some goodies you'll see in upcoming Die Cut Diva challenges. Won't say what I got yet... 

As to today's card, I bought the rectangles with the cut out corners at Hobby Lobby last week - thought they were so fun, although the sizes included don't layer with a perfect border like other dies might. I ordered a bunch of Sunny Studio products in April and am still working my way through them. Their Chloe Alphabet is so cute and getting it's first play today so I'm adding my card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge 27. I cut them from a patterned paper that looks like a collage of washi tapes and added a blue offset layer.

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!



5 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, its a sweet and colorful card. Sure to be enjoyed.

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Linda. Really cute sized card.

Betty said...

am lovin' mini slimlines and yours is so cute - and how fun to shop and meet Jeanne! 104 here today.

Jeanne H said...

Yes, what fun to meet you Linda and have a great time shopping. Over-did it myself. Teehee.

Greta said...

How great to meet in person & do some clearance shopping! Fun, happy card, Linda! Hope things cool down for you guys. We're going to be too hot for a couple days, but at least we don't have the terrible humidity.