Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Twofer - your choice!!

Happy Sunday!! I've been missing in action this past week but just had to make time for the Twofer Challenge. For Challenge 36 Darnell & team offer the theme of "your choice"!! Here's my Twofer with my choice of dragonflies:

I'd been thinking of making a slimline card with the Hero Arts Color Layering Dragonfly so I started with that idea. When I put it together, I added the bitty dragonflies and I decided they would be my common element, rather than the bigger dragonfly. The slimline became a birthday card with the sentiment dividing the card in two. I die cut a Tulisa Collage from Poppystamps (sadly retired) into each half of the stitched panel, then backed it with a piece of printed watercolor patterned paper. Stitched panel came from an LDRS creative die set; my friend Lin (Sending Hugs) enabled me to purchase this set - a great value with 14 dies!! Here's a closer look with supply list:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts (retired);
Momenta Watercolor; Neenah white
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Dragonfly
Dies - Memory Box Little Dragonflies;
Poppystamps Tulisa Collage (retired);
Spellbinders Glimmer plate - Everyday Sentiments II
Other - Crystal Stickles; silver foil

So, you need a different occasion for the second Twofer card, even though I had birthdays on my mind. Hmmm, had to think a minute. Then realized my brother and his wife plan to retire soon - I'll need a card for each!! Thought the bitty dragonflies would be pretty with a Spellbinders floral swag on an A2 card for my sister-in-law. Here's a photo of that one alone:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card;
Momenta Watercolor
Dies - Memory Box Little Dragonflies;
Spellbinders Floral Oval (retired);
Avery Elle Quilted Frame
Other - Michael's gems; Crystal Stickles;

I'm also entering the retirement card at Watercooler Wednesday All Things Feminine.

That's it for today. Thanks for visiting and I hope to visit your blogs soon too!

 

13 comments:

Betty said...

two fab cards, Linda - wonderful color combos and love the background on the second card.

Dawn T said...

fantastic cards Linda. The dragonflies are adorable. Love the colour combos.

Anita in France said...

A great choice of prompt, Linda ... I do love dragonflies! Your birthday card is wonderfully texture-y and dimensional ... and how pretty is the floral frame with those tiny, delicate little dragonflies fluttering around it ... lovely detailing! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words ... and for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, love the colours you have chosen. so pretty.

Cathy said...

Those tiny dragonflies are such pretty embellishments Linda! Gorgeous purples and pinks too. Your sister in law will love her retirement card! Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday and for the warm welcome :) Cathy x

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous set of cards, linda! loving those pretty dragonflies!

Cat Craig said...

Beauties, Linda. Those dragonflies are lovely.

Darnell said...

Once again, you've created two very pretty designs, Linda! I love your whole family of dragonflies on your gorgeous slimline card and how you used just the babies on your feminine retirement card design for your SIL! Thank you for playing in TCC #36! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Two pretty cards using these darling little dragonflies, Linda! The big dragonflies are pretty too! Two very different but equally fantastic dragonfly cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Dawn T said...

PS - Linda - thanks for joining the challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.

Tristan said...

Beautiful pair of cards Linda. Love the colour scheme and the different die elemtns. Thanks for joining us at the WWC this fortnight. Tristan DT.

Greta said...

Love them both, but especially the second one--gorgeous!

Jean said...

Wonderful color choices! Fun use of the dragonflies.