Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, March 24, 2019

My March CAS Christmas entry - Deer baubble

Hi all - skating in almost at the eleventh hour (well, about 7 hrs left) to post an entry for this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge. I almost thought I wouldn't make it since I was out of town most of the past two weeks, then home for a meeting this afternoon. Meeting ended early and I had time to make use of items I had cut last week potentially for this challenge (use a deer).

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice
Silhouette Design ID 70497 Circle Flourish Reindeer
Die - Spellbinders Ribbon Banners
Stamp - Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings (retired)
Other - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, & Black Soot Distress Oxide Inks; Stickles

I started with a Silhouette design I used once almost four years ago (see card here). That was for a vintage challenge; this time I was going with white on white but ended up coloring my offset layer with shades of blue Distress Oxide ink. I tried stenciling some birch trees behind but rejected that idea as too busy, given the flourishes on the deer. I spritzed the blue with a bit of water but the effect is very subtle. Wanted to use diamond stickles on the deer but the bottle was empty - dang! Instead used crystal ones which turned out fine. I had cut a bunch of white and black deer so decided to layer for a slight shadow effect.

Sorry for the bad photo; it was already clouding up here after a fairly sunny day. Thanks to Loll, Bonnie & team for another fun challenge!! And a big Happy Birthday to this fabulous challenge blog - one year old and going strong!!

13 comments:

Betty said...

perfect CAS card for this challenge, Linda - very pretty! hope all is well with you.

Loll said...

So happy you had time to play along Linda!! This is GORGEOUS! LOVE the special touches with the blue offset to the ornament, the black shadow, and the reindeer ornament itself from glittery paper. Fantastic with your sentiment banner! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, I love your elegant flourish reindeer, you framed it perfectly with the black outline and great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Cindy C. said...

Oh what a beautiful card Linda!

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Linda. Glad you made it in time to entry as it's a fabulous card.

donna mikasa said...

Linda! I was so excited to see that you left a sweet comment on my blog, and I had to come over and pay you a visit as well. I love the elegant simplicity of the flourish deer--so pretty! I'm sure we'll be bumping into each other again ;)

Rosemary said...

simply fabulous design, linda! love the sparkly deer!

Susan said...

Such lovely frosty colours! And a beautiful deer die. Wonderful CAS card! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Linda! I love the soft blue and that gorgeous deer! I'm so glad you found time to join us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

Beautifully elegant card, Linda--love it!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous bauble card Linda, such an elegant card.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, that is a gorgeous deer, and makes a fabulous card.

Jean said...

That's stunning!